Thursday, October 6, 2011

After 7 weeks.

Long time no type!  With renovating our house, taking care of my family, and being busy at work, I have had no time to blog!  None, zip, zilch.  I have been working out and doing my own spin cardio.  I am in dyre need of a physical goal though.  I have just been going through the motions at the gym and need that goal to push me.  It also isn't fun to workout by yourself all the time either.  Yes, it is nice when you want to be focused and not chatty cathy, but other times you WANT that competitiveness and extra push to get you through a gooooood workout! 


I decided I would start at least lifting heavier and with a more definite plan when I do weights.  Yesterday was leg day!!!
Leg Day
Superset:5x10-20lb barbell
Squats
Leg curls
Giant set:
Reverse barbell lunges 2x8
Step ups 2x12
Leg extensions-2x failure 

I was a little shakey after that!!  


The best part of yesterday's workout though was me being allowed to try and run a mile.  How did it go?! I felt like this.....
Source


Yep, I grinned the entire mile.  I took it slow and did a 10 min mile and had NO PAIN!  It has been 7 lonnnnnng weeks without running and I can't tell you how much I have missed it.  It is my way to push myself.  It is my way to let go. It is my way to have fun.  It is my time!  I have confirmed that yes, I am a RUNNER!  
I am going to not run for the next day or so, just to let my back rest some.  Lord knows I do NOT want to hurt myself again!  I will slowly add in miles and get back to half marathons as soon as I physically can.  I do have one this weekend, but I am not running it.  I thought about walking it with my best friend, BUT the thought of walking 3+ hours makes me want to cry of boredom.   I just can't do it.  


Would you walk it?  Just because you paid for it?  
I hope everyone is doing great!


Have a good Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment