Friday, October 7, 2011

Overcoming

Yay for Friday people!  Whooot whoot!  I hope your week has been a good one and your weekend will be even better.

I have posted about Intimidation before and how even though I am a Personal Trainer and in (tooting my own horn) great shape, I am easily intimidated by "manland" in our gym.  I have told you about how there is a women's only area (I call it vagina land) and the rest of the gym (manland) where mostly men workout.  We have been going to this particular gym since Ava was 5 weeks old.  So about 13 months.  In those 13 months, I have NEVER worked out in Manland.  I have taken spin classes on the Spin floor, but never have I ventured to workout out there.  I am easily intimidated.  Crazy I know.  In my last  post, I talked about needed a challenge or goal and getting lonely working out by myself.  I needed that extra push to get to my full workout potential.

Clint's usual workout partner is in a "not really wanting to workout slump."  SCORE FOR ME!  Let me backup and say that Clint and I have worked out together in the same room, but have NEVER worked out in the same routine together. So I thought I would at least ask him what he thought about us working out together yesterday.  He said he had actually thought earlier in the day about doing that!  Crazy how that works!

So we dropped Ava off at kidcare and I gathered my courage and we went back to the dreaded manland!  We still have to get used to each other and workout habits, but it was actually the best lifting session I have had in a long time!  We did chest, triceps, and abs.
Skull crushers EZbar+10lbs 3x12
Pushups 2x10
Superset: Bench Press Bar+10lbs 3x10
and Butterflys 10lb DBs 3x10
Abs-Roman Chair 50x
Assisted Dips 3x10
Pushups 3x10

I loved it! I loved spending time with him.  I loved pushing my self, because let's face it, I had to impress my man!! haha  I loved doing something with him that is my passion and that he is getting back in to.  Him losing 29lbs really re-engergized his want to be in the gym. No complaints here!


I am extremely sore this morning, which I love too, but I can't wait to get to workout with him again.  Oh and my manland fear is conquered.  I will limit my usage of vagina land and frequent the big girl weights!  I am going to start lifting heavy again and really appreciate what my body can do.  I am allowed to run a mile every other day for a week and then SLOWLY increase my mileage and days I run.  Today means run day and additional cardio!  Super excited!  


Have you conquered any fears lately??
Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment