Friday, August 3, 2012

Another day down

Yesterday mine and Ava's day consisted of taking our 4 month old puppy for a walk before it got hot.  He is getting big.  I think he weighs about 45lbs right now.  I'll tell you, he just about broke my hand though!  I had his leash wrapped around my hand while I was pushing Ava in her stroller and he saw a bird.  He was raring to go after that tweeter! 

We came back and we played outside a bit before it was time for me to go run inside on the treadmill.  I got 5 miles in and called it a day.  We had a few errands to run and Ava finally took a wee little nap on the way.

Clint and my dad are smoking pork shoulders on their smokers for Ava's party and I was the lucky one to get to pick these up.  It looked like someone whacked off a pig shoulder!  I know that is what really happens, but geez.  I much rather prefer it cooked.  Although, I just learned that because pigs are scavengers, their bodies don't metabolize things well and they are more inclined for parasites!  Um, yuck!

Clint got home and he went to work out in the garage while Ava and I did a little house decorating....


In her house that is.  Yep, I am in the house.  It is an awkward thing to get in to, but we fit quite nicely.  Although, if she decides she wants daddy in there too we are going to have to up the square footage!


On the weekly menu for supper was Chicken Enchiladas.
My healthy version....

Ingredients:
2 cooked chicken breasts chopped
1 cup salsa, divided
1/4 to 1/2 light sour cream
1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided(can use mozzarella, but cheddar was what we had)
4 large torillas

Directions:
Put a little salsa in the bottom of a baking dish.
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix chopped chicken, salsa, sour cream and about 3/4 shredded cheese in a mixing bowl.
Take about 1/4 cup of the mixture and put down the center of the tortilla.  Roll it up and put the seam side down in the baking dish. 
Repeat process for remaining 3 tortillas.
Add 1/2 cup or so of salsa on top of rolled tortillas.
Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of salsa.
Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted.

*Clint approved these!!



After supper, I had on my menu to make muffins for the next couple of morning meals.  Brown sugar muffins were on the list.

Recipe is at The Happy Housewife's blog.



Get ready for party pictures!!  Ava's birthday party is Saturday afternoon!  Have to get party-ready!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment