Friday, February 13, 2015

It's Friday!

It is Friday and I am so excited!

It has been a busy week for us!  We haven't been home before 8:30pm for the past 3 nights!  Brody's bedtime is 8pm, so it has been out of his routine!

Tuesday night we went to the Nashville Predators Hockey game.  Clint's work has box tickets and we can get them when we ask!  If we didn't get those tickets, there would be NO way on God's green earth that we could take Brody.  He is a hummingbird of energy. The box has just enough room to let him run and be crazy!  There is still chasing and "excuse me's" that happen! 

Wednesday night we went to visit Clint's dad in the hospital. He is a Type 2 diabetic and has an infection in the bone of his big toe. Once you get infection in the bone, there is nothing they can really do except amputate.  So, he will lose his big toe today in surgery.  He will kind of have to learn to balance.  He has already lost another toe on that foot.  Hopefully, this will be the last amputation!

Last night, we went to Clint's church basketball game.  That can be challenging with Brody as well.  He doesn't quite understand why he can't get on the court with "da-da" and play "ball-ball".  So, we have to contain and distract him on the bottom 2 bleachers and try not to let him get a ball and throw it on the court!  He is the best handful in the world!  Although, he is a handful, that boy has got my heart!  I love Ava with my being. She is my sweet sweet girl, but there truly is something special about a mama and her son!   Would y'all agree?

So tonight, we are getting home and catching up on our shows. The house has been neglected too from all of our late nights, but that can be taken care of tomorrow!

Now on to the FitBit!  I have now had it on a full 24 hours and I can safely say, I LOVE it!  It seems pretty accurate!  I was curious to see how sprinting and lifting weights affected my heart rate and calories and I was pleasantly surprised! I know I lift heavy, but seeing your heart rate raise while doing it was a welcomed confirmation!

It is comfortable to wear.  I got the black one in small.  It goes with all outfits and looks like a sleek black band on your wrist!

I was also curious to see my sleep pattern.  Last night I only "slept" 4.5 hours. Which I felt like last night was a "normal" night!  Apparently, I don't need a lot of sleep to survive. I feel fine today!

Until next time!  Happy Valentine's!!

1 comment:

  1. hey!!!!!! I just got a fitbit surge for valentines day!!!!!!!!!!!
    and lol about brody-he and Elijah would be instant bffs.....or partners in crime,ha!!! but yes boys are something special,despite the wild crazy times
    : )
    cherish these moments as they go by waaaay to fast. Bailey is turning 12 this year!!!
    : (

    ReplyDelete