Monday, September 13, 2010

I'm still alive

Hey!  Wow it has been over 2 weeks since I blogged last.  Every time I sit down to write, a boob needs to be used, I need to change laundry over, work beckons, or I just plain forget. 

The last time I wrote, I had started back to work.  Work is busy, which is great and makes the day go by faster.  My new job is so much more in every way that managing the gym.  I feel worthwhile again and not taken advantage of.  My mind is stimulated and its something I can move forward in. 

I have cried every time I have taken sweet Ava to my mom's house each morning, except I didn't last Thursday, but then I cried because I DIDN'T cry.  It is a vicsious cycle ladies.  I felt like I should be crying when I left her.  Clint made me realize it sucks for him too and we are working for our family.  (he is so logical, damn him!=))

It still sucks each morning, but it is tolerable. I know that she is getting my mom's undivided attention, love, and care.  Plus, my dad and brother get to love on her too after they get home.  She is surrounded by family and I don't worry about her, I just miss that face so much.  Clint picks her up each day after he gets off of work and about every other day sends me pictures of her to get me through the last couple of hours.  (such a great husband)

It seems like so much has been going on.  Ava has been to 5 states already.  She is a traveling machine!  (sidenote...don't be afraid to take your baby out and about.  Yes, they are small and fragile, but you need a life too.  Be careful not to overstimulate them and they will be fine on the go. Just my two cents.)

Labor day weekend we went down to one of my best friend and her husband's house in Wetumpka, Alabama to visit.  It was so relaxing.  It was the most we have spent together since we were in high school.  She is a Marine and has been stationed in a few different states.  This is the closest she has been in forever.  The time together was much needed.  She just had a miscarriage.  Her family came over to our house a couple of weeks after Ava was born to visit and bring us supper.  Her miscarriage had happened the week before and she didn't hold Ava, nor did I push the subject.  I knew it would be hard on her.  The weekend we were down there, they told us to go out on the SEADOO and they would all watch Ava.  My best friend held her and after that, it was over!!  She wanted to hold her all of the time.  I think Ava helped her heal a little and get excited about trying again when the doctor allows them.

Let's see what else...  I go to my 6 week post-partum check up tomorrow.  Woot woot.  Although, I need to be cleared to get off of "pelvic rest" for healing, we did cheat last weekend!  We couldn't help it.  haha My friends had Ava occupied and "it kind of happened."  For those that are curious, continue reading.  For those not, continue past the bold print below.  It wasn't so much painful, but I did feel like a virgin again.  But it has got easier =)!!  I hope I don't get in trouble tomorrow. 
I am going to talk to my doc about a form of birth control.  I don't want to go on the pill again.  It messed up my hormones and with my record now of forgetting things, I would forget to take it each day.  We don't want to use condoms!  Not happening.  I am thinking that I want to do the Copper IUD which is non-hormonal. 

Any one have the IUD?  Pros/Cons?  What about the shot?  Pros/Cons? 

Because my new job allows it, I get to get home at a reasonable hour and Clint and I can cook together and have family time.  (one of the reasons why I got out of the gym job)  I have been recipe searching and starting to meal plan each week. 
This week's plan:(all of our meals are as healthy as possible)
Tonight: french toast and turkey bacon
Tuesday:some sort of pasta, probably with a tomato sauce
Wednesday: turkey chili with turkey dogs
Thursday:Creamy taco mac
Friday:TBD

I started working out again last Tuesday.  YAYA!  It feels so good to sweat.  Although, I am told I am better shape at 6 weeks than some women post partum, I am not where I want to be.  I am my own worse enemy and want to be the best I can be and look.  In reality and as a Personal Trainer, I know that getting back into shape is a process and takes work and dedication.  I am willing to do the work and be dedicated, but for some crazy reason, I think that I should be back into shape NOW, because I am a personal trainer.  I feel like I shouldn't be out of shape and that I have failed at being an example to be in shape.  THIS IS ALL BALONEY.  I know I just had a baby and things take time to get back to where they should go, but the devil on my shoulder continues to speak crazy talk to me.

Ok, enough for today.  I will update about the doc visit tomorrow.  Hopefully, I will be "officially" cleared.

Ok, ladies.  I think that is a good update for the past couple of weeks. 

4 comments:

  1. oh girl,so good to hear work is going well and you have a schedule that works for family time!!! i know it sucks leaving ava every morning,but yeah,your husband is right (sorry!)
    AND my 6 wk checkup is in 2 days-i cant wait to have clearance!(neither can my husband!!!)
    i can so relate to you about that devil on the shoulder talking that crazy talk! i FEEL THE SAME WAY! like i should be back in show shape NOW-seeing as i am trainer,seeing as i am a pro athlete in the figure world,seeing as i used to be a fast runner,i feel that i should look a certain way,be back in all my old clothes,look like i could step on stage any day and of course be able to knock out a 19 minute 5k... just bounce right back,like i never even had a baby (or 3 of them for that matter!) ahhhhh the unrealistic expectations i set for myself!lol!!!
    but i guess we both know what we need to do to get our pre baby bodies back!!!
    hang in there chica!!!!!!
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear that your last couple of weeks has gone well and the job change was worthwhile! I can relate to the absentmindedness...

    No input on the IUD - I went back on the minipill for two weeks until I finish breastfeeding/pumping and will start regular BCP on Friday... Another little tidbit - just wait until you stop breastfeeding (TORTURE!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know much about the copper IUD but my friend just got one. I think the biggest down side is it makes your periods a little heavier and crampier. My friend already had intense periods but now she says they are worse. She got the copper IUD because she started the pill early and thinks she's pumped too many hormones in her body. My friend, who is a resident, says the other IUD, like Mirena, gives off very few hormones because they are concentrated in the sweet spot - it's MUCH less than with the actual pill. Good luck deciding!

    Esperanza @ esperanzasays.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear from you and happy to hear all is going well!!

    I feel your pain, I get teary thinking about having to leave Isabella and she is not even born yet!! Crazy right?? I am glad that you are enjoying your work, I believe that this must make the separation more bearable.

    Wow Ava is a busy girl having travelled to 5 states already!! Happy to hear you had a good time with your friend and that she is doing better.

    Can't help on the birth control as I have been told I never have to worry about that... all those years wasted on the Pill when I was infertile all along! HAHA the irony! Let us know what the doctors says in this regard!

    ReplyDelete