Happy Thursday ya'll.
I went to drop Ava off this morning with my mom and she was telling me about taking her to her Ladies Bible class this past Tuesday and how all the ladies were doting on how beautiful and alert Boo-Bug was. I fely like such a proud mama.
I started telling her the daily things (last time she ate, changed, yada yada) and I segued into, "so I wanted to ask/tell you that I know that Ava [insert huge tears brimming in my eyes] will probably have some of her "1st's" while she is over here, and we don't want you to tell us about them. We want to be the 1st to experience things with her.[insert, looking away before I just start bawling]. She totally agreed and said that when she said something about Ava laughing the other day, she thought she might have messed up. (She didn't in this case.)
So, after the worries of Tuesday's post, I can say that the talk went well. I didn't mean for it, but I think the tears made it more serious and meaningful to let her know that this is important to us. Time will tell though.
In post partum news, I am down in the 120's again. Albeit 129, its still the 120's. Woot woot! I'm getting there, slowly but surely.
I had to laugh at myself yesterday while I was working out. I was doing planks. I love planks. I feel so strong when I do, well did them haha. When I was in really good shape before getting pregnant, I was able to do them with my feet on a bench and my arms on an exercise ball and hold that ridiculous position for 3x1 minute. Yesterday, I was struggling at 15seconds on the ground. I ended up shaking through 2 sets of 30seconds. I didn't nor am I discouraged. I just realized that I have a ways to go and I will get back to the ridiculous plank.
Have a great Friday Eve!
good job on "the talk!" and LOL about us posting simular things!!!!
ReplyDeleteAND...YES! we do need to meet up over the thanskgiving break!!! how cool would that be???
I'm glad it went well. I admit that I'm afraid too that Baby Girl will like my mom more than me but I even have a really good relationship with my mom. I just want Baby Girl to love me best! At least along with hubby. It's not crazy. Well I hope it's not!!
ReplyDeleteSOOOOOO glad the talk went well. Congrats on being in the 120's. I haven't stepped on a scale in ages but the last time I did I was 8 pounds from my prepregnancy weight. I'm not quite sure how that happened but I'll take it! I told me mom, I'm only 8 pounds away but so few of my pants fit and she was like, 8 pounds is a lot! I guess it is, but when you've already lost 35 it doesn't feel so bad. Happy planking!
ReplyDeleteWhat a relief that the talk w/ your mom went well! I totally understand why you would feel the way you do about Ava's "firsts".
ReplyDeleteGO GIRL! Sounds like you are doing amazing w/ the weight loss! I can't wait to get my booty back to running and losing this baby weight! You are motivating me! The scale just keeps climbing! I know it's 100,000% worth it but it's still hard to watch.
You are doing great!!!!