Sunday, July 22, 2012

Saturday's productivity

A few things I did yesterday...
3.5 mile run with this 4 month old!  


This is Pekka(pek ka).  He is named after a Nashville Predator Hockey goalie.  We lost our Jack Russell in an accident about 4 months ago.  We got Pekka shortly after.  He is a lab/pyranese/red tick hound mix.  He will probably get to be about 85-100lbs!  Yesterday was his longest run with me so far!  So proud of him!

We headed to the gym(last month on our contract) to lift some weights and I did 2.5 more miles on the treadmill.

A little bit of 

a pinch bit of 

Home depot

and a touch of 

Fantastic Cinnamon raisin bread.  (minus the raisins)
I have started making our bread.  It is so much more budget friendly and fun!  I have a bread machine and this is the recipe I used with my alterations.

INGREDIENTS:
Serves: 12Yield: 2 lb. loaf Units: US | Metric 
1 tablespoon oil 1 1/4 cups warm water, plus 1 tablespoon warm water 
1/4 cup honey 
1/4 cup maple-flavor syrup (can use sugarfree) 
1 teaspoon salt 
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon 
1 cup oatmeal 
3 cups bread flour, plus 2 tablespoons bread flour 
1/2-3/4 cup raisins(OMITTED
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast 

DIRECTIONS:
1. In bread machine pan, place ingredients in order given, except raisins and yeast. 
2. Circle inside of pan with raisins. (OMITTED)
 3 Make a well in flour and pour in yeast. (I put the yeast in the yeast dispenser on my machine.)
4 Bake on white cycle. (I baked on BASIC SANDWICH setting)

I Pinned this on Pinterest if you want to follow me!

Well, it was a productive day and one for the books!
 Did you do anything fun and productive??!



No comments:

Post a Comment