Saturday, July 21, 2012

Time for a change

HAPPY Saturday!
Ava woke up bright and early at 4am this morning!  Not on my to-do list!!

I want to tell you about work yesterday. Let me back up and let you know that Monday my boss, H(Chiropractor's wife) informed me that they would be letting my coworker go on Friday.  This has been a long time coming and the office is going in a different direction.  
So, the plan was for H to let her go at lunch time.  Well, about 45 minutes before, my coworker got a medical alert that her mom had fallen.  She booked out of the office faster that I could say, "what in the world".  She didn't inform my bosses at all.  
Needless, to say they didn't let her go at lunch.
She came back at 2pm after lunch like nothing had happened.  No explanation or phone call to my bosses letting them know if her mom was ok.  (Seems unprofessional to me) 
Doc had to ASK her how her mom was! 

The afternoon went on and we were finishing up for the night. D went back to tell Doc she would see him Monday.  He then went on to say, "well, actually...."
If I wouldn't have known this was coming, I would NOT have been able to tell by the way she reacted.  She grabbed her stuff like any other night and said bye.  That was it!

All week, I felt so uncomfortable around her because I knew it was coming.  I didn't treat her different, but my heart was heavy because I knew what her future looked like and she had NO IDEA!  Thankfully, her husband has a great job and they won't struggle financially, but still!  She was a really nice lady with a good Christian heart, but ironically she was the most passive aggressive pessimist I have ever met!

Moving on.  I finished my first little "upcycle" with a bare shelf and 2 picture frames I got from Goodwill and a yard sale. Here it is in all its glory.  (any ideas what to put on the right side??)

My project in the works is a bench for Ava's little black table.  That will be a birthday present!  I'll show that when I get done!

Today, we will head to the gym and then go out to eat with Pops(Clint's dad) and his fiance.

Have a great Saturday!
(Ava is napping....that little snot! haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment