Hey lovies and new lovies from ICLW! I hope your weekend is going great. Yesterday, we had a family shower/cookout with my mom's side of the family. This is the 1st of 3 showers. We are very lucky and very appreciative of the people in our lives that want to do this for us and our little bun in the oven. We had a lot of fun. We played Nursery Rhyme Jeopardy (guys vs. girls). Guys won. I seriously need to start reading Nursery Rhymes. Then we played who could drink the most from the bottle in 2 min. Hilarious.
The shower was given by my cousins' wives and they did a great job! Instead of cards, everyone was asked to bring a book for Ava's library. This is so exciting for me because I LOVE to read! I AWAYS have a book with me. Even if I am standing in line somewhere I will get a page or two read. She got some oldies, but goodies and some that are new to us.
(PSA: I found out yesterday that Dolly Parton, yes Dolly, has a program that you can sign your child up to recieve a new book every month until they start kindergarten. Here is the link.) We got a lot of so cute outfits and my mom and dad brought a pack of diapers. What's so great about that? Well, my parents have been buying a a pack of diapers for EVERY WEEK we have been pregnant. Yes, you read that right, we already have 30 weeks worth of diapers.
Now I will leave you with some pictures.
30 weeks, 3 days
Shower hosts.
Adorable cake with booties and safety pins.
Me and my handsome and somewhat goofy husband.
Chugging from the [baby] Bottle!
One of our many books.
Clint likes interactive books.
We got a cute neck rest for her head in the carseat. It's a pink dog. (I'm excited, apparently!)
Purple dresses with a sweet cardigan!
Great aunt and 2nd cousin. There are 5 generations on my Great Aunt's side of her family. That's amazing to me.
Me and Mr. Wonderful!
Congrats on the pregnancy, enjoy motherhood.
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW!!
#40 http://thegalwho.wordpress.com/
Looks like everyone had a good time - books are an awesome idea! Hope the next two showers go this well!!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! You look gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteHere from ICLW - you look fantastic :) Many congratulations!
ReplyDelete#29
www.sperminationstation.blogspot.com
You look adorable! I'm glad you had a great time =)
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of giving books at showers - kids can never have too many books! You look gorgeous :)
ReplyDeletelooks like fun!
ReplyDeleteand you look radiant and just gorgeous!
Aww thanks for the baby shower pics. Look you had a wonderful time!
ReplyDeleteYou continue to look amazing, Courtney! :-)
It sounds like a wonderful shower and a lot of fun! :) I'm a big book reader myself!
ReplyDeleteICLW #106
VERY CUTE baby bump!! Congrats to you!! :)
ReplyDeleteICLW
You look FABULOUS!!! Also, I love every. single. idea. your parents have. Buying a pack of diapers every week is genius, and a HUGE help. Also, how awesome to get all of those books!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS :)
You look absolutely lovely and it sounds like a wonderful shower.
ReplyDelete~ICLW#25
OMG, could you be any more beautiful??!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad your shower was great!