Monday, May 17, 2010

It is time.

It is time to discuss things that have gotten harder to do.  Yes, there are certain things that you wouldn't think would be a change to your routine, but oh sister you just don't know!

Things that change when you are pregnant:
1.  Painting your toenails.  Yep, there is no more bringing your foot up on the chair with you to put bright colors on the toesies.  I know have to put my foot up on something and slowly attempt to be neat and not get HOT PINK polish on my entire toe.
2.  Shaving your legs and trimming the girl parts.  Oh sweet mary!  You have to become creative in this normal act.  The belly gets in the way when you bend over to shave and when you attempt to "trim" well, hell let's face it, you can't even see what you are doing unless you shift to one side or go from memory!
3. Your best model walk on the catwalk.  You can throw that walk to the birds.  It comes a time when you wake up and your husbands says you are waddling!!  GASP!  When did that happen??
4. An eating place and chafing! Of course, I knew my legs were getting bigger because they are touching when I walk now. (I haven't had this issue in a while!)  And about 20 times per day I am pulling my shorts out from some hidden place that EATS your shorts and it is not fun!
5. Crossing your legs. Because my (and maybe your) legs are kissing at the top, sitting with your legs crossed is getting to where it is not going to happen much longer.  My short little legs, are running out of landing area for my other leg to rest on.
6. (THIS HASN'T HAPPENED TO US, THANK GOD!!)  Sex!   So I hear, that sex becomes uncomfortable.  We are not there and I pray we don't get there, there are some women that the belly-o gets in the way and makes getting it on a little difficult to where they forfeit the fun.  (In my best Team Captain voice) "we will not forfeit!"  We have just learned that creativity is AWESOME!!  Don't give up and give in to defeat, just find a better way!  That's my advice at least!

There ya have it.  These are the ones that have been on the forefront of my mind lately. Please feel free to share!!  I hope I am not the only one that this is happening to! 
I hope your Monday has been as good as a Monday can get!!

3 comments:

  1. Well, I've given up on shaving the legs unless I absolutely have to. We don't have much of a pregnant-friendly tub and I'm not going to do acrobatics in my tiny shower so they're just going to be hairy for a while! :0) And the 'trimming'... what can I say? I managed this last time, but that's probably going to be it unless I can get C to help me. We'll see what he has to say about that! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, my legs touch now too so I hear you on that. I am also horrified by the trimming situation - in that it doesnt happen. I don't even want to talk about it! I have to figure something out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA agreed! With every. single. point. above.

    The other day I was SO cranky and irritated and finally I realized it was because I was UNCOMFORTABLE because my thighs were rubbing together when I walked and I was sweaty and oh, I was a mess. You are not alone, chica!

    ReplyDelete