How far along? 29 weeks
How big is baby? Average size as big as a butternut squash, weightwise -- about 2 1/2 pounds
Average Length: a tad over 15 inches, head to heel (no wonder I can feel her on both sides of my belly)
What is baby doing this week? Babyzone.com says "Your baby is filling out this week. She's adding fat to insulate her body for the day she leaves her cozy home. You can probably distinguish between feet and hands, head and bottom when your baby-to-be moves inside you. She takes practice breaths but won't breathe air until delivery. What is going on with mama? Waddling has become my typical gait. Call me Dafney the Duck! I am feeling great though. I am up to doing 45-60 on the Arc Trainer. I want to do as much as I can while I feel great an energized. There will come a time when I won't be able to eve step up on the Arc Trainer. Growing steadily and everything is on schedule.
Your baby's growth has begun to slow down now, but she will still gain approximately four pounds between now and birth. If she were born now, she would be able to breathe, but might tire easily and need assistance. Her little eyes are sensitive to light.
Symptoms: I have been getting slight boughts of nausea here recently. That is normal apparently, I just hoped it wouldn't happen to me.
Maternity clothes: Yes please.
Sleep: Comes and goes. I have been getting really hot at night, but that is not really unusual.
Best moment last week? feeling her kickboxing skills
Movement: She is starting to to have bouts of crazy. Sometimes I feel like she is trying to unbutton my belly button! I am starting to tell what her butt is ( I think) I haven't yet determined what her feet or arms feel like.
Cravings:Still really no appetite. I asked the doctor about the lack of appetite and she said it is normal and will probably pick back up.
Belly Button in or out: We have decided that I have a deep belly button, so it will probably not become an outie, but every week I think "how deep does that thing go?"
What I miss? Last night we were looking at old pictures on our camera and looking back at my pre-pregnancy body, I felt stupid for feeling self-concious AT ALL. My body was rocking and I will get that back and be content!!
What I am looking forward to: Our 1st shower is a May 22 ( a week from tomorrow)
Milestones: getting to 2 week appts.
How is daddy? He is wonderful at making me feel beautiful. He will randomly make comments about the way I look. Although, my sex drive has always been pretty high, it is such a comfort that although I am packing on Ava weight, his drive is still up there! I am lucky on that front. I was on a forum the other day where the couple had only had sex 3 times in like 32 weeks!!! I gasped out loud. SERIOUSLY??? We would go nuts. I don't even know how we will last the technical "after the birth wait" of 6 weeks. My guess is Baby Ava will keep us so busy and tired the 6 weeks will fly by.

I can't wait to see pics from your shower next week!
ReplyDeleteAnd that's too funny about your deep belly button because I have one too! Mine got shallower but never popped :-)
Also, yes, I think most definitely the first 6 weeks will be so focused on the three of you adjusting to life as a family that it will go pretty quickly!
Wow - I can't believe that you're still doing the ArcTrainer! I get winded walking from the car to the house... Glad you're feeling energized!
ReplyDeleteI hope your shower goes well - can't wait to see pictures!
You are getting sooooooo close! Have fun at your shower! Soak up all the attention as in about a month it will all be on baby Ava!
ReplyDelete:)
ReplyDeleteyour comment on your love-making made me laugh. I'm slowly falling into the rarely category- we just can't find a position that is comfortable. Must do some more experimenting!
Sounds like you are doing fantastic- have a great wknd!
Happy 29 Weeks!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy 29 to you bestie! Enjoy your 1st shower...and all of the great loot! :) xo
ReplyDelete