How far along? 28 weeks
How big is baby? Average size: About 2.5lbs (equal in weight to a Chinese cabbage)
Average Length: about 10in(crown to rump)
What is baby doing this week? Babyzone.com says "Your unborn baby's survival rate outside the womb increases as each week passes. If he didn't open his eyes last week, chances are he'll take his first peek this week. Your baby-to-be's skeleton and muscles are maturing quickly. This week he can turn his head from side to side. What is going on in mama? Steady growth in the belly. Everything else has seemed to stopped growing. Thank goodness!
Most of the lanugo has disappeared at this point and your baby may have a full head of hair by now."
Symptoms: No appetite and when I do get hungry I can't eat much at all because my stomach feels like it is going to be punctured by my ribs. That or the fact that I get bad heartburn.
Maternity clothes: No doubt!
Sleep: Most nights are pretty uncomfortable.
Best moment last week? We finished painting Ava's room!!! Pictures to come! My parents bought the bed, mattress, and bedding. The bedding should be here at the 1st of next week!!
Movement: I can tell she is getting stronger and stronger and the movements really make my belly move.
Cravings: None at all.
Belly Button in or out: Bless my belly button's heart.
What I miss? Seeing my girl parts (oh yes, it disappears.) and bending over comfortably to put my shoes on!
What I am looking forward to:Meeting another doc in the practice on Tuesday for our 1st 2 week appt.
Milestones: 12 weeks left!
How is daddy? He has been his great daddy self. Making sure the painting is perfect in his baby girl's room and CAN NOT wait to put her bed together. On a not so fun note, Clint's Nana passed away early Wednesday morning. This is really the closest person in his life he has lost and is having an emotional time. We will be at the funeral home all this afternoon and night and then the service is tomorrow! If you would please be thinking about him and me to be able to comfort him in the way he needs me to comfort!

I am so sorry to hear about Clint's and your loss. TAke care!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting to paint the room! Can't WAIT to see what you've picked and how it all comes together.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear about Clint's Nana passing. That is so hard to go through. Thinking of you guys!
I can't believe you have 12 weeks left, that's so exciting!!
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts and prayers are with you and Clint.
happy mother's day to you!
ReplyDeleteand can't wait to see some pics of your nursery.
I'm so sorry about Clint's Nana. ((hugs)) to you both. xo
ReplyDelete