We were finally called back and Ava toddled/ran(yes she is practically running!!) on to the room. The nurse did the usual questionaire and then we dropped her clothes and headed over to do her weight, height, and head circumference.
Height: 26.5in
Weight: Almost 18lbs
Head circumference:um can't remember, but it is normal.
Dr. Jay came in and Ava was roaming all over the place. She grinned at him, as to say, "look at me, I'm walking." But liking Dr. Jay came to a screeching halt! Once he started doing his examine, she was not having it! Did not like it and made sure he knew it. After that fun was over, we let her play while we had doctor/parent talk. He is ecstatic with her development and everything is functioning perfectly. BUT her percentiles have dropped from 25th to 3rd. He isn't so much concerned yet, but wants us to come back in 6 weeks to do a weight check to see if she is putting on weight. She can practically have all foods now that she has hit the 12 month mark (WITHIN MAMA'S REASON!) The only things he doesn't want her having yet are peanut/peanut butter and honey. He wants us to add about 25% of whole milk to her bottles to up her caloric intake and boost her calories at meal times.
To be honest, I struggled with this. I have been blessed to be able to breastfeed for over 12 months and that was my initial goal. Apparently, I have skim milk in these here parts of mine and need to add some calories in to my girl's belly. My "selfish" concern is that this will start her weaning process. I know it is the natural order of things, BUT breastmilk is the thing that I ALONE can give her. Once that is over, so is that need from me and honestly that is hard for me to deal with. I know in my head I should be so happy I have made it past my goal of 12 months, but I am selfish! Yes, I said it. Selfish. Yes, breastmilk is the best thing for her (in my opinion), but for me I am needed where NO ONE else can fill that need.
OK rant over. She had to get 3 shots and her little finger pricked on top of teething! She had a rough day!!
We decided not to go to the gym, since the doctor visit was no fun for any of us. I was bummed, but I got in a weights session at work, so at least I got my heart rate up some.
Locomotions 3x20 2-15#DBs
Lying Chest Press 3x10 2-15#DBs
Lying Overhead pullovers 3x10 1-15#DB
Isolated Bicep curls 3x10 2-15#DBs
Leg lifts 3x10
Flutters 3x30sec
I am hoping to get in a good run this afternoon, but we shall see. Becoming a mama has taught me to NEVER make concrete plans!!
Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment