Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ava's 1st Birthday, stings, and updates


Ava turned 1!!!!


My dad, my brother and his fiance manned the grill. Hamburgers and hotdogs!


 Ava is thirsty!



CHERRIOS!!!!

"I don't know what that is, but it looks fun!"

 Family picture!


"I want to get out and walk around."


"I'll be able to wear these onesies when I am 2!"

Roll Tide, y'all!!!


My attempt at Ava's cake.  It was a from scratch banana cake.

My amateur attempt at everyone else's cake.

Ava wasn't too keen on diving in to the cake.  This is about as messy as she got!

We dodged some scary storms.  The party was a huge success.  About 40 people showed up and everyone left happy.  

Sidenote:  Ava got her first bee sting on her thumb!  She cried maybe 2 minutes.  What a champ. We wrapped a bandaid full of tobacco around it to take the sting out.  For those of you who don't know, tobacco works!  It draws out the sting.  Her thumb was swollen for about an hour but that was it.
An hour and a half later, I got stung under the eye.  I cried more than Ava!  There was minimal swelling which   I was excited about, UNTIL Sunday morning.  It was really swollen then and got progressive worse!  It was 90% swollen shut!!!!!

Clint said I looked like this on the right side of my face!  If it wasn't true, it would have hurt my feelings, but he was speakin the truth!
We decided if it wasn't better on Monday, I was going to the doctor.  Well, it didn't get better, but moved down my face!  Long story short, I had a sever allergic reaction and had to get a steroid shot in my hip! The doc wrote me a prescription for an epi-pen.  Apparently, when you have a reaction like this, the next time I get stung it will be just as bad if not worse!  GREAT!!!

Workouts:
I took the weekend off from running.
Monday at the gym I got in 7miles in 1:01:50!!!
Yesterday morning I knocked out 5.25 miles in 44:55!!  
We will hit the gym today and I run for as long of time as I have.  

Ava:
She is practically RUNNING now.  Too funny! 
Her favorite word is duckaduckaducka!
She has her 12 month checkup today, eeek!  Shots!!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment