Happy Hump day! Wednesdays are always good in my book because it means the week is on the downward slope. I start looking forward to the weekends and spending QT with my hubs.
Driving to work this morning, I saw a marquee with the phrase Life without love is like Fall without leaves. That really struck a cord in me. I drove the rest of the way to work and thought.
It is so true!!
Fall is an amazing season, with all of the vivid colors of oranges, reds, yellows, and browns, the smells of cinnamon, pumpkin, and apple pies, the comfort of sweat pants, hot chocolate, sweaters, and blankets. Fall is such a comforting season. But without the changing of colors and falling of leaves, Fall can't happen.
I started to reflect on the phrase I saw and what it meant to me. Love is everywhere. Or better yet, it SHOULD be everywhere.
I love God.
I love my husband.
I love my family and friends.
I love my health.
I love our dogs.
I love shoes and handbags.
I love vegetables and fruit.
I love our boat and the lake.
I love my job.
I could go on and on. I won't bore you with EVERYTHING I love. but you get my point. I love so many things, but love takes on many meanings for me. Even though I love a boo-coodle of stuff, each love is different.
I love God first and foremost and He has blessed my life so much. I love my husband second and God could not have provided a better man for me. (I love you Clint!) My family and friends have ALWAYS been there for me and the love I have for them goes very deep. Loving shoes, handbags, food, exercise and whatnot is part of me as well, but I COULD live without them. I could be content without stuff. Would I want to?? um....not necessarity, but I could if I had to.
Love in my life is built around people. People that I know love me unconditionally. It doesn't matter what I look like, what I eat, or how many miles I run. People in my life love me for who I am. Words cannot describe the happiness and contentment that comes with true love in your life!!
Life=LOVE
Who do you love??
Could you be happy without "stuff"?
No comments:
Post a Comment