Monday, September 21, 2009

Where did Saturday and Sunday go?

Our weekend was jam packed.  Early that morning, 5:30AM to be exact,Clint left to go unload boxes at our church for Angel Food.  For those who haven't heard of it before, I will enlighten ya.  This is from the organizations website. "Angel Food Ministries is a non-profit, non-denominational organization dedicated to providing food relief and financial support to communities throughout the United States." Our church has been associated with this ministry for a few years.

Meanwhile, I was getting ready for a 5k run.  I run with a client of mine once a month in a 5k.  This keeps her motivated and focused on a new goal each month.  We started this 3 months ago and each time she has beat her PR.  I am so proud of her.  The best part of running with her each time is seeing her sprint off in the end.  To see her face at the end is my reward to running with her (even if it is raining)!!

Clint and I met back at home. I showered as fast as humanly possible, got ready and then we were out the door.  We went to a 30th surprise birthday party for a friend at church.  He was TOTALLY surprised and not dressed for the occasion.  They had to get him there somehow and saying he was shooting basketball was it I suppose!
I was STARVING by then since I hadn't had time to eat since about 6am that morning. It was 1:30 by then!!!  Note to self.  GRAB A BAR AS YOU ARE RUNNING OUT THE DOOR NEXT TIME AND STOP BEING STUBBORN B/C THERE MAY OR MAY NOT BE FOOD AT THE PARTY AND YOU WOULD RATHER WAIT AND SEE!  whew!  I snacked on some veggies from a veggie tray, this teeniny roll and piece of ham and some green beans.  The cake they had was white cake with whipped icing.  I am not a face of whipped icing.  Give me some buttercream please!  The party was small but full of fun conversating.

There was a couple hour break in our fun packed Saturday before we left for the Nashville Predators Pre-Season hockey game.  WOOT WOOT for Hockey season.  We have partial season tickets and each year I enjoy them more and more.  When Clint and I started dating I knew zippo-nada-nothing about hockey except they fight a lot.  That first year I missed quite a few goals because I was people watching.  Call me crazy, call me nosy, but I LOVE to people watch!  It is a great past-time for me.  I know I am not the only one!  The Preds won 3-2 and there was a great fight that ended with a KO 1, 2, 3 and a stretcher.  Serious blows.

Sunday started with fruit cutting that we were taking to our Sunday school class that morning.  Church was enlightening.  I love the fact that I have been to churhc all my life, but you still are able to learn things and see something new out of an story you have heard since you were in the nursery. 
We were not able to partake in the fabulousness of my fruit cutting skills, because we left to pick up our niece and head to our other niece's 2nd birthday party.  So cute is she.  Talk about ALL GIRL.  Pink dress and pearls.  SHE IS 2!!  A girl after my own heart I tell ya.  Food, fun, and flag-football was had. SIDE NOTE: Clint totally dominated in the flag football game.  He was so excited about "breaking some guy's ankles".  Football jargon for all those non-knowing folk.  I didn't know what that meant, so here is the explanation.  It is where a player goes one way, then breaks real quick-like to go the other direction faking his opponent out.

We hightailed it home 20 minutes before 15 people were coming over for a small group get together.  basically every Sunday we get together at someone in the groups house, eat, then do a devotional/discussion and some singing.  These always lift my spirits and start out the week on the right foot.  We finally got to have a relaxing weekend last night about 9pm.  This g-ma's bedtime is about 9:45pm.  TALK ABOUT A SHORT WEEKEND!  It was fun though.

No comments:

Post a Comment