Hey chickies! Happy Hump day! I mean that about the week and for your relationship!
Go get him girls!!!! Well, I have been so excited to blog these days. After my Serious Susie post, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders and I can't stop thinking about different kinds of posts to put up. I am starting the "Things other women don't tell you" series about surprises of pregnancy. I am also going to post "how to eat healthy while pregnant" post here in the near future as well. This was a great, great idea by Newly Pregnant in NYC! Fun things coming up. Now, onto the meat!
We all know that some women get morning sickness or nausea and some don't. There is no rhyme or reason to this really. The Old Wives' Tale about having morning sickness or not can't really predict the gender of the baby. Well, the stats don't really support it. We also know about the sore boobs. Well, some do. I was aware but hadn't had problems with my barely there bubbies. (Thanks for the wordage, Teresa!) Until, 2 days after my mom asked if I had had them. "Nah!" I said. I spoke too soon. Two days later, getting in the shower was torture. I felt like the shower head was a weapon of masas destruction as BB's were pelting my chest! NOT FUN!
(BEWARE! MAYBE TMI FOR SOME, BUT WE SHOULDN'T BE WEIRDED OUT BY OUR AMAZING BABY CARRYING BODIES.)
One of the things I DIDN'T know would happen (but am finding out there are many things) is EXTREME AMOUNTS OF DISCHARGE! Now, it is common knowledge that when we ovulate we tend to have excess discharge. Girls, that is nothing! When I got pregnant, I also got MASSIVE amounts of discharge. This is actually a common thing with pregnancy, but NO ONE tells you how much and that you will need to buy stock in panty liners because otherwise you just feel gross and gooey!
Who else has experienced this?? If not, the panty liner company will still stay in business because of me.
These posts are about my experiences and what COULD happen. I just want to be honest with women about the joys, the "man this sucks", and the body surprises you MIGHT encounter.
Check back tomorrow for my WEEKLY UPDATE!!!
I have to go stir the white chicken chili! Yum!
Lol, this was cute! I'm glad you're excited to blog again. I had "heard" about the discharge but thanks for the warning about the loads of it. Sounds fun ;)
ReplyDeletehahaha, the shower as a weapon of mass destruction, lol. I know what you mean though.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're excited to blog again :-)
I love your new blogging energy!! It will be fun to come and re-visit these posts when I'm preggo (positive thinking Egg today, haha). xo
ReplyDeleteoh gosh the discharge has been a huge issue for me too. And have been going through so many boxes of panty liners...
ReplyDeleteLooking fwd to the healthy eating posts :)
Yeah, I was looking forward to the absence of my period, not knowing that I would have to wear pantyliners EVERY SINGLE DAY! :)
ReplyDeleteHad the same issue myself. I had SOOO been looking forward to 9 months without pads or pantiliners...turns out I needed them MORE than before!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the pregnancy!