Hey ladies. Happy Hump day. It has been a few days since I have posted. I just really haven't had much to talk about that I thought y'all would be interested in. I have been dealing with some stress with my job and I have started putting resumes out. I am not sure how it is going to work out, but if I don't try nothing will ever change. I NEED THINGS TO CHANGE. I have an interview today. EEEEK! I haven't been on an interview in 3 years and that one was kind of informal. I am worried, scared, and anxious. What do I wear???
I know that legally businesses can not discriminate pregnant women, but really how would they deal with my situation??? Ava is due in 8 weeks and then I would take some time getting used to being a mama. Anyone have to deal with this or know someone who has???
It's not the IDEAL time to start job searching, but I would rather put feelers out and try now rather than wait until September-ish and start searching then.
I am preparing for every situation I can think of for this interview today and praying for the best. That might mean they decide they would rather someone else for the job or they could offer the job to me today. Who knows? Wish me luck either way.
On another note, we start Childbirth Classes tonight!!! We could choose 1 night a week for 6 weeks from 6:30-8:30pm or one ENTIRE weekend. Clint and I both did not want to ruin a whole weekend in classes, so we chose the weekly ones. We only have possibly 8 weekends on our boat to take advantage of!! I have no idea what to expect.
TODAY IS FULL OF UNKNOWNS FOR ME!!! I am not a fan of not knowing things. I feel completely out of control and anxious. Truth being, I can't do anything about it, but go and see what comes our way.
Have a great day!!
Good for you for putting yourself out there on the job front!!! I think it's awesome. Even if some companies may not be willing to gamble on you coming back after you have the baby, you may make a fabulous match and line up a job for when you're ready to come back. You're bold, and I bet it will pay off.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I'm getting excited for Childbirth Class too! We decided to do the whole weekend course (since my husband travels so much for work, the weeknights are totally unreliable). We went to a "meet the doctors" event at the hospital last night and it was the first time I've ever stepped foot in the hospital where we're going to deliver! Made it feel so real!
Good luck!!! I think it's good that you went ahead and started applying. I need to do the same thing. Let us know how it goes!!
ReplyDelete