How big is baby? Average size: nearly five pounds.
Average Length: 12.8 inches (crown to rump)
What is baby doing this week? Babyzone.com says "Your unborn baby's muscles are maturing along with the rest of his body. He can hold his head up and turn it from side to side. He'll practice his newfound muscle tone by stretching out his arms and kicking his legs. Most of the lanugo is gone and replaced with a thick coat of vernix."
What about mama? Babyzone.com says "By now you're getting used to the backaches, leg cramps, and other pains that come with the final weeks of pregnancy. You may also experience swelling in your ankles and feet, and sometimes in your face and hands. The swelling is caused in part by pregnancy hormones, which encourage your body to hang on to water to fuel a variety of baby-growing needs. Try drinking plenty of water and elevating your feet as much as possible to relieve swelling. Don't worry—most of your uncomfortable pregnancy symptoms will disappear once you deliver. In some cases—five to 10 percent of pregnancies—persistent swelling may be a sign of a potentially serious condition called preeclampsia. Your healthcare provider will be checking you regularly, however, to make sure that you do not have this condition."
Symptoms: Swelling in the ankles has started! Whoopee! I try to drink as much as I can, but the catch 22 is that you have to pee all the dang time. I am starting to get uncomfortable. She is starting to get big and sits awkwardly. Braxton Hiccups(Clint's word) come and go.
My left hand knuckles have started being really achy. To the point where I can't do some things with my left hand. According to google, it is normal and caused by water retention!
Maternity clothes: From here on out, no other choice,
Sleep: I'll have two good nights of sleep and then here comes a not so great night! Last night, was a not so great night.
Best moment last week? Our last shower at church. We are overwhelmed by the love given to us and Ava in the baby showers we have.
Look at all of this loot!
Movement: Crazy uncomfortable at times, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Cravings: Subway and Diet coke(fountain drink)
Belly Button in or out: same as last week.
What I miss? Sleeping on my stomach.
What I am looking forward to: Seeing her beautiful face!!
Milestones: Getting to the stage of pregnancy that normal daily activites are not possible for me to do!!
How is daddy? He has put together the dresser, changing table, travel system, and helped me witht he pack n play, as well as helped me organize Ava's room. He is definately a hands on daddy! Boy I love that kid!!

Enjoy the final countdown my friend! How exciting!
ReplyDeleteYAY! So close! You should post another pic of you belly =).
ReplyDelete34 weeks - congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry the water retention has started though - it's a bugger... I hope it doesn't get too bad before baby Ava arrives.
sounds like you're doing great despite the challenges- love your attitude!
ReplyDeleteAny day now, how exciting!! I had a friend that was 34 weeks and she gave birth yesterday. Her water broke during a mini vacation here in Florida. Poor thing her Mom is in a cruise until sunday. So pack your bags and be ready for anyday =)
ReplyDelete