Wednesday, June 23, 2010

35 week doc visit

Hello everyone.  I hope your Hump day has been great so far.  It is 98 degrees here in Nashville.  L.O.V.E.L.Y on the sweeling ankles or slowly turning into cankles!!

We had our 35 week checkup today.
Deets:
Pee in a cup-perfectly good pee
Weight-perfect gain these past 2 weeks of 2lbs. (the last 6 weeks I have been under the weight gain.)  Total so far is 28lbs. 
Blood pressure-Great at 110/70
Ava's heartbeat- a wonderful sounding 143bpm
Fungal height-right on the dot at 35
Ava's position-Head is still down.  Although, I was concerned because the last few days her movements have felt different.  Her head is still in the head down, but her body has shifted for her growth and continuation.  Whew!!!(wiping brow)

We start weekly visits next week and she will do a pelvic exam and the Strep B test.  (This is basically a swab of the girl area for a common bacteria.  If you test positive, no worries, you just have to have a round of antibiotic when you are in delivery so not to harm the baby,)

Our doc was so excited and said that now Ava would do great if she was born from here on out. She said to start packing our bags just in case.  Next week we will find out how the girl part is actually doing and if I am dialated at all.  My body frame is just so small, I gather my doc doesn't think I will make it the 35 days (OMG 35 days!!) until her due date.  Honestly, we are in the place that she could come whenever she wants!!  My body is just getting uncomfortable!!!

Happy ICLW and have a great rest of the day!

9 comments:

  1. Wow any day now. Are you ready?? Do you have Ava's room ready? and your little bag to take to the hospital?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Happy 35 weeks! And I CANNOT imagine 98 degree heat, YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy that countdown my friend! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I know how uncomfortable the end of pregnancy is...Not long to go now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's great that you had a good appointment! And I love your baby's name!

    ICLW #69

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great appointment. 3 days to go - wow!

    ICLW
    http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by mu blog and for the sweet message. Happy 35 weeks.. you are so close now!!! Glad all looks as it should be with your baby girl and that your are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gosh I can sympathize on the heat- it makes everything so unbearable right? It's been mid 90s here too :(

    ReplyDelete