Thursday, June 10, 2010

8 months pregnant

How far along? 33 weeks
How big is baby? Average size: a little over 4 pounds ( a pineapple)

Average Length: more than 17 inches, head to heel








What is baby doing this week? Babyzone.com says "Babyzone.com says"Your unborn baby's senses continue to develop. If you talk to your baby, she can hear you. In fact, her world is full of sounds. In addition to your voice, she can hear your stomach growling and your lungs taking in air, along with the reassuring vibrations of your heart beating. Also, your baby's skin has turned from red to pink and she has started preparing for life outside the womb by storing iron in her liver."



What about mama?Babyzone says, "With delivery day quickly approaching, you may already be feeling some false contractions, called Braxton Hicks. At times, you may notice your abdomen tighten and then relax. Braxton Hicks contractions help your body gear up for the real thing. If you take time to relax and put your feet up, the contractions should go away. Snagging some sleep becomes harder as your belly makes it difficult to find a comfortable sleeping position. "

*The Braxton Hiccups, as Clint calls them, have started and come on sporadically. They don't hurt, they just make my belly as hard as a rock.
Doctor's appt went good yesterday.  I have been having some lower back pain that the doc told me to watch and be aware of.



Symptoms: Sleep is now starting to get harder.  I was up the other morning at 3:30am and couldn't get comfortable.  That was a long day!! Braxtons are occurring. My belly is getting HUGE!


Maternity clothes: Those tshirts I retired last week, well a friend suggested tank tops underneath them.  Genius!  I don't know why I didn't think about that!



Sleep:Talked about above in symptoms.




Best moment last week? Our couples' shower last Saturday. Pics to come!



Movement: Please and thank you!

Cravings: Oddly enough, Diet coke.  But only fountain diet coke.  I don't like it in a bottle or can. 




Belly Button in or out: The edges poke out if I sit funny.  It is a little embarrassing to me actually. I don't know why.

What I miss? Being able to ride around on the lake on our boat.  We can't go out far because the bumps on the waves are too much.  Good thing Clint can leave me in our boat and go out with our friends on their boat.  At least, he doesn't have to suffer.






What I am looking forward to: Bittersweet, our last shower is Sunday.  Our church is giving it.






Milestones: I'm 8 months pregnant!



How is daddy?Getting very exctied for her to be here!

 

5 comments:

  1. Happy 33 weeks! Relaxing on the boat sounds like exactly what the doctor ordered about this time in your pregnancy! What a good husband to let you stay on yours while he goes with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It is getting so close. Very exciting.

    I am just like you with the Diet Coke - much prefer it from a fountain. And lately the cravings are crazy. I want it all the time by the bucketfull. I had no problem giving it up at first but I guess it has just been too long!

    Hang in there with the discomfort. Unfortunately, it only gets worse! I don't feel like I sleep at all anymore. It will all be worth it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are almost there! YOu most be so happy and excited to meet Ava. Have fun at your shower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 33 weeks! Wow!!!

    Glad you're still doing well overall - but I sympathize with you on the sleep thing, I can't imagine what it's going to be like with less sleep than I'm already getting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! I hope you're able to find some some comfy positions so you can rest up. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete