How far along? 37 weeks
How big is baby? Average size: 6 1/3 pounds
Average Length: a bit over 19 inches, head to heel
What is baby doing this week? "Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz."
What about mama? "Braxton Hicks contractions may be coming more frequently now and may last longer and be more uncomfortable. You might also notice an increase in vaginal discharge. If you see some "bloody show" (mucus tinged with a tiny amount of blood) in the toilet or in your undies, labor is probably a few days away — or less. (If you have heavier spotting or bleeding, call your caregiver immediately.) Also be sure to ask your caregiver about the results of your Group B strep culture. That way, if the result isn't yet on your chart when you get to the hospital or birth center, you'll be able to give the staff there a timely heads-up if you need antibiotics.
It may be harder than ever to get comfortable enough to sleep well at night. If you can, take it easy through the day — this may be your last chance to do so for quite a while. Keep monitoring your baby's movements, too, and let your caregiver know immediately if you notice a decrease. Though her quarters are getting cozy, she should still be as active as before.
While you're sleeping, you're likely to have some intense dreams. Anxiety both about labor and about becoming a parent can fuel a lot of strange flights of unconscious fancy."
Dr. Appt status: Tuesday, I had some hardcore pressure in the va-jayjay area most of the day and at one time (TMI ALERT) I had this huge clump of snotty discharge. Wednesday morning while walking with one of my clients, it felt like thunder and lightning in my stuff. It wasn't painful persay, but odd and uncomfortable.
I had an appt that morning, so I decided to let her know off all the goings on.
Blood pressure: 110/70 Perfect
Pee in cupo: Good
Weight: Up a lb. Total of 30.
Fungal Height: Still at 36.
Ava's Heartrate:139
So, I told her what was going on. She said the thunder and lightning was her screwing down in to my vaginal canal. I have dropped significantly. She then decided to do an internal exam based on what I had told her. (YAY, since she doesn't usually do them until 38 weeks.) Dr. B started smiling (this is odd, she isn't that cheerful of a lady!) Wait for it......I AM 2CM DILATED AND 50% EFFACED ALREADY!!! She asked if my mom made it to her due date and I told her all 3 of us were early. Her hunch is that I won't make it until my due date! I know, I know that the progress could me I go in to labor tomorrow or in 2 weeks, but I am progressing! Today, I have had some menstrual cramp feeling contractions and some pressure. SOOOO, who knows when she will decide to "come on dowwwwnn. (Price is Right voice.)
Maternity clothes: Can't wait to pack those bad boys up!!
Sleep: Tossing and turning, lots of peeing. I woke up to Clint laughing at me a few nights ago. Apparently, I looked like one of those turtles that can't get off their back and it took me like a minute to turn over to my other side. It is pretty funny!
Best moment last week? This week was AMAZING. Clint and I got to spend 3 full days together and I loved it. Saturday morning was breakfast, last minute shopping for Ava, a couple hours at my parents' pool with our dogs, dinner, Minor league baseball game. Sunday was church, we cooked lunch together, vegged around the house and then went to our church's 4th of July cookout. Monday was most of the day at the lake. I couldn't have planned a more fun, special "last weekend" with my favorite person in the whole world. No matter what I do not get tired of him! (Sigh!)
Movement: Same position but she's is a strong little booger.
Cravings: Tuna fish. Oatmeal and yoguty mixed together.
Belly Button in or out: Still does the weird poke outy thing when I sit or laugh. Very odd looking.
What I miss? Sleep.
What I am looking forward to: Ava deciding to come out and play.
Milestones: Graduated from Childbirth Classes last night. We can now be parents apparently.
How is daddy? Begging Ava to come out already!!

I'm with you on the sleep thing - it seems that just when you get comfortable, you have to get up & pee...
ReplyDeleteHope you keep feeling good and that Ava arrives soon - can't wait to meet her!
I'll cross my fingers for you that Ava is early!! Sounds like you've had a heck of a lot more progress than me!! My mom's pregnancies have done absolutely nothing to help predict how mine would go (mom likes to remind me often that "she wouldn't know what week 39 is like". LOL.
ReplyDeleteWow 2cm Yayyyy!!! Please keep us posted any day now wohoooo!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like little Ava is ready to come say hi... good luck over the next few days!
ReplyDelete2cm dilated!!!!? Wow.
ReplyDeleteI love how you seem to be taking the news so calmly!
That sounds like a lovely long wknd with your man, pre-Ava arrival.
Enjoy the wknd!
wow!! how exciting is that!! I cannot believe Ava could make her entrance into the world any day now!! How incredible!!! I cannot wait for your next update!! I'll keep checking for the BIG announcement!!!
ReplyDeleteHi pregnant twin!!! Sorry it's been so long, I've been a little MIA. I am SO EXCITED to hear about your progress. Sounds to me like you may have even lost some/all of your plug (sorry... gross to talk about), but that is VERY EXCITING and means you'll probably be running to the hospital ANY DAY NOW!!!
ReplyDeleteCan't WAIT to hear how everything goes. Hope I'm not far behind :)