How far along? 40 weeks
How big is baby? Average size: 7 1/2 lbs. A small pumpkin. It sure does feel that way.
Average length: about 20 inches head to heel
What is baby doing this week? "It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long. His skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured — it's normal and temporary."
What about mama? So ready!!
Food for thought.....Old Wives tales to get labor going are a shot in the dark. We have tried eating pineapple, walking, nipple stimulation(awkward), and sex (although this has been not only for labor inducing, but pure enjoyment as well.) Girls, it can still happen at 39 weeks pregnant!!!
Dr. appt update:
Weight: up 1.5lbs. Total gain 34ish
Pee cup: normal although i need stretch armstrong arms to get down there!!
Blood pressure: Still Excellent.
Fundal height: 39 weeks
Cervix check: 3.5cm!!! Still 70% effaced.
U/S: The tech says she is weighing in at about 7lbs 5oz. This could be off either way by 15% though. I could easily have a high 6lber or low 8lber! EEEKKK!!! Everything looks great though and she looks healthy, BUT SMOOSHED in there poor thing. We kept telling her last night to come on out because there is so much more room to stretch out, eat, breath and not be upside down out in the world.
*Dr. did sweep my membranes again!! So we will see if this time works. IF she doesn't decide to come on here own, we are scheduled to induce on Tuesday!!!!
Sleep: My body is already ready for getting up multiple times with Ava.
Best moment of the week: Our ultrasound yesterday. She is still a girl. There is always that anxiety that the u/s tech could be wrong. But she wasn't.
Movement: Very painful. Little Ava-bug is running out of room.
Cravings: I have been really healthy this pregnancy, eating well and exercising. This past week it has went down the drain. Clint and I both are putting it all away(in our mouths) and enjoying the things we typically don't eat. Once Ava is here, he wants to hit the weights hard again and I want to lose the baby weight and after the doc ok's it hit the weights again too. Eating not so healthy (ice cream everyday) is getting old though. I honestly don't know how people do it. I feel so ugh!!
What I miss? My body being under my control!
What I am looking forward to: Ava being here!
Milestones: Due date. Although, NO ONE thought I would be here!
How is daddy? This anxiety and waiting is just as hard on him. I have "had" her with me for 10 months and he is so ready for daddy and Ava time.

I didnt think I'd make it to due date either, but I did and then some!! Welcome to the 40 week club! It is pretty exclusive and I don't know many people who made it here honestly! You are lucky you had an u/s to tell you her size! I didn't and sure was suprised when it was all said and done. Since this may just be your last post until she is here, let me just say GOOD LUCK and BEST WISHES and be the first to say CONGRATS for making it this far and on your upcoming bundle of joy :)
ReplyDeleteoh! hang in there girl! im still pregnant too and i am SO READY!!! but baby Mckinnley thinks other wise. she is too comfortable to even think about leaving. i have been telling her to come on out for almost 2 weeks now-i have no room (she is big..roughly at about 8lbs right now-if i dont go ino labor by next week,another US to see how big-AUGH! a hopeful induction!!!)
ReplyDeleteanyways,the good part about being pregnant is that it doeant last forever and at least you know for a fact that you will be holding baby ava in your arms in 5 days or less!!!!!
let the countdown beigin!
anyways,
I thought you had Ava already. Hang in there you are probably a day or even hours away. How exciting!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! She will be here so soon and I can't wait to hear all about it! I know you're uncomfortable but soon it will all pay off. :)
ReplyDeleteHurry up, Ava!! We're all anxiously awaiting your arrival!!
ReplyDeleteany update??
ReplyDeleteReally hoping and praying for you that Ava makes her appearance soon!!
Hoping sweet Ava is outta there now, bestie. xo
ReplyDelete