How big is baby? Average size: nearly 7 pounds
What is baby doing this week? "Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb."
What about mama? "For many women, the next couple of weeks are a waiting game. Use this time to prepare your baby's nursery or to take care of necessary tasks you may not get around to for a while after your baby's born. Take naps, catch up on your reading, and spend uninterrupted time with your partner while you can."
Dr. appt update:
Weight: same as last week. Actually about 1/4 lb lost,
Pee cup: normal
Blood pressure: Excellent
Fundal height: measuring at 37 weeks (that measurement these days doesn't mean much though)
Cervix check: I am 3cm and 70% effaced and -2 station!!! Although, that is so exciting and I am progressing, it still doens't mean I could go into labor any second. It could be a week or so.
Let me tell you how I really am. First off, I have had a perfect and healthy pregnancy and I am very blessed. BUT, since Thursday I have hit the "miserable as SH*t" stage. I had some strong contractions about 3am Thursday morning that must have shifted her permanently. Her rear is further the side of my belly right under/in my ribs. I can't lay, sit, or stand for more than 20 minutes at a time with ehr being just so painful. I think she is getting too bog for my small frame and belly. I have severe lightning crotch that makes me say "EEEK" when it happens. There is so much pressure when I pee that it feels like she is going to fall out. I cry a lot.
My last day of work was Thursday, since it is so uncomfortable and hard to get around. We want her to come so badly. I am ready to go through the pain, so we can see our sweet baby Ava's face. We are ready for a baby and not a huge belly!
We are also getting tired of people telling us when she can and can't come. My family has a pool of when she will be born and that is fine, but don't tell me she can't come because you have something to do or will be out of town. SHE WILL COME WHEN SHE WANTS TO. We just want her to be here for the love of everything good and holy.
Vent and whining session over!
Sleep: Not so fun. It hurts about every 20 minutes and turning over is a comical event. Peeing is pretty consistent. I took two cat naps yesterday!
Best moment last week? Hearing I am progressing very well for a 1st timer.
Movement: Slowing down. She just shifts a little.
Cravings: Nothing really these days.
What I miss? A comfortable pregnancy.
What I am looking forward to: Going in to true labor and not all of this false sh*t!
Milestones: Less than 2 weeks until her due date.
How is daddy? Just as anxious as I am. Irritated with people as well.
Ava please come out!!!!

Oh sweetie so sorry to hear you are uncomfy these day! I pray Ava comes soon so she can carry on making you as happy as she has made you in the last 38 weeks!! Keeping you in my thoughts sweetie and will keep on checking your blog for updates!!
ReplyDeleteUgh... I'm not looking forward to that stage of things. Hopefully it will be the shortest stage of all and you'll get to meet her soon...
ReplyDeleteoh man, sounds like you hit the "pregnancy wall" for sure. sounds absolutely miserable. i hope she comes sooner than later for you. this will be over soon and a distant memory!!
ReplyDeleteOh, I hear you! I was feeling the same way you were at that point. You'll have to check out my birth story when I get around to posting it, hopefully today. You'll see how ready I was!
ReplyDeleteI heard its good to walk and have intercourse so the baby comes faster. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteDear Diary,
ReplyDeleteI have been doing both for the past 2 weeks!! No go yet haha! I don't mind the trying though!(wink wink)
oh sweetie- sounds really miserable! Feel free to vent all you want on here, if it helps at all.
ReplyDeleteWishing for your sake little Ava decides to make her entrance very soon.
Big hug.
Hang in there the last few weeks. 3cm is GREAT progress at this point -- she'll be here before you know it! Probably only a few more days, maybe a week of this kind of uncomfortableness. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear more updates, since it sounds like I'm following closely in your footsteps :)
I feel like we are on the same page. I have had several episodes of false labor which has been very frustrating. I can't wait until the real thing, if I even know that it is!
ReplyDeleteMy family is telling me when I should have the baby too. I just feel like telling them to shut up! When the baby is coming seems to be the only thing people want to talk to me about these days. I just want him to come so the pain stops! (feeling your pain!)
Good luck to you!
Gah! I've been gone so long! I love how you show the baby's size with veggie comparisons. I'm so excited for you.
ReplyDeleteOoof, it hurt my ribs just reading your description. Hang in there, little Ava is SO WORTH IT! xo
ReplyDelete