If you missed my last post on my "no bug, but worse", I let y'all know about my issues with Diverticulitis. I am going on Day 13 of this mess! I did a clear liquid diet for 48 hours Monday through Wednesday. For lunch Wednesday I had some chicken noodle soup and some crackers. Thinking that would be ok. That's what everyone says to eat after you have been sick with stomach issues right? Well, not this girl. Like clock work about 2:30 after lunch I had horrible cramps and chills until I got home from work at about 7:15pm.
I was able to get a Facebook friend to drop off a Juicer that she didn't need anymore. Heck yea!
When I got home, Clint and I got to experimenting.
1 orange
1 apple
3 carrots
turned into this
It doesn't look all that great, but it tasted really good!!
I have been juicing since and some issues come and go.
I'm pushing through this.
I also started a 30 day Colonix Cleanse from Dr. Natura's website. My boss and his wife have does this particular cleanse before and had good results. You can eat regularly (well not this girl) and you take 2 pills in the morning on an empty stomach with 8oz of water. After 15 minutes, you scoop 1/2 scoop of this fiber stuff in 8oz of water and drink. Follow this with another 8oz glass of water. Go about your day. At night, you drink this tea to help your colon get rid of waste the next morning. I'll keep ya posted on that!
I am going to juice for the next 4 days or so and continue to let my colon calm down and not be so mad at me. I will try to chew something after that and see how I react. I am anti-medical doctor, but there is a point when I may need to cave and go see what can be done. As much as I hate that, sometimes your body needs a little help. Especially when you are only able to get calories from juicing.
Yesterday, Ava and I went and cleaned the office and then came back and cleaned our house. Our close friends and there 1 year old daughter were coming over about 3:30pm to spend some time with us and see our new house. We had planned to make homemade pizzas and I had made brownies. She called at 2pm and had to cancel. She put too many irons in her fire and they weren't going to be able to make it. I was disappointed, but what can ya do! At least, we had a clean house and Clint and Ava still were getting brownies and pizza!
I made the pizza dough in the bread machine and after it was done cut it into 4 pieces. Clint decided to make one into a calzone and a small pizza for Ava. His calzone turned out looking wonderful and the house smelled freaking fantastic. He put the other two leftover pieces together and made a pizza for leftovers. I prepared my juice....wah wah wah. The first batch was an ultimate FAIL. I had to throw most of it out it was so bad! The second batch was a winner! Simple and not too many ingredients is best!! This juicing thing is a work in process, but one that I really enjoy!
We are helping my brother paint his house tomorrow and then me and my sis are going to our future sister in law's bachelorette shindig. Dinner and lingerie party. That should be interesting!
Have a great weekend! See ya soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment