Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Life in a nutshell

Hello everyone.  It has been a couple of weeks of life here at the Ferrell household.  You know, errands, cleaning, playing, spending time together, cleaning, repeat! 

It is quite impossible to keep the house clean throughout the day with a toddler and you know what THAT IS OK!  I pick up once a day and AVA DOES HELP!  We think it is very important to teach Ava that cleaning is part of playing.  (It is especially sweet when she sings the song..."clean up, clean up, every body, every where.") 

Our Labor Day weekend was far from laborious(is that a word? haha).  We went to visit Clint's dad and his fiance for a bit on Saturday and a little browsing some stores. 

Sunday was church and Clint and I left Ava at church with my family to go to Sunday school so we could go pick up clothes that didn't sell at a consignment sell that is put on in the area.  We are thinking we made about a $100.  This was my first consignment and I think I put about 3 hours total into the labeling and sorting.  That is $33.3333333 an hour! Pretty good if you ask me!  There is one in our small town in October that I am going to participate in.  Hopefully I will make a little profit there too.

Monday, Clint did some electrical work for my boss while Ava and I played with his kids and wife.  Then a quick trip to Walmart so Clint could get supplies to change the oil in our Murano.  He is SO handy!  It is crazy.  The man can do anything!  After we got home, I was so lazy!  It was unreal.  I fell asleep on the couch like 3 times(Ava kept coming over and saying, "Mama, wake up.") and then we went to bed at like 8:45!  I am not a lazy person, so I don't know what the deal was! 

Tuesday, my real day of no working at my job.  See that I typed that and not "my day off".  It irritates me when people think I have 2 days a week off.  Well, no!  I am still a mama and a wife.  I still have laundry to do, errands to run, the house to clean, workout, and get supper cooked and then clean the kitchen after!  It is not a day off by any means.
Ava and I went to Kroger, Dollar Tree and Aldi's.  I spent $131.  Some of that was stocking up things like barbecue sauce for $15 and free ketchup and the rest was for 2 weeks worth of groceries.  Yes you read that right...2 weeks.  I am not grocery shopping for 2 weeks.  Hopefully I can stay away!

Meals for the week:
Tuesday: Brats and oven baked sweet potato fries
Wednesday: waffles
Thursday: black bean burritos
Friday:BBQ pork nachos
Saturday: TBD

Oh the bodyrock is going GREAT!  I absolutely love the fact that I can get a kick-butt workout in in 12 minutes a day!!  Plus, I can tell I am getting stronger!  Score!  My running is still on par to meet my 1000 miles in a year.  Actually, I am still ahead of the game! 

See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment