Even though it is Monday, it is such a beautiful Fall day today. In fact this weekend was such a great weekend with the weather!!
My mom was out of town on Friday so my sister, brother and dad all tag teamed and watched Ava while Clint and I were at work. No one was injured!
Saturday morning we got up and Clint left before us to go start on my brother's house and the electrical stuff. Ava and I went to the store and got some breakfast, plates, cups and drinks for the day ahead. Oh, and I needed apples and oranges to juice. Yes, I brought my juicer!
We were at his house from about 9 until 3. We were machines. Clint put in new light fixtures, a fan, and light in the kitchen and then helped in all other areas that needed his ahem..expertise. I painted and painted...went to pick up pizza for everyone and painted. Ava was so amazing. I don't know too many 2 year olds who could be in the environment that she was in and not get in to everything and be a nuisance. She just did her own thing and "helped" when she was asked. Oh and she took a nap for an hour!
Ava and I left about 3 and came home so I could make supper, get her a bath, and get ready myself. Me and my sister were going to supper at Demos's for our future sister in law's "bachelorette" supper.
Fun times were had with my sis! We have so much fun.
The funny thing is people probably thought we had been drinking the way we were giggling, but we were stone sober AND I wasn't able to eat. Do you know HOW HARD IT IS TO WATCH PEOPLE EAT???? Torture! But it was the first day in 2 weeks! That I had been pain free and I wasn't about to jinx it!
Sunday was church. I snuck a quick picture of the kids building a "church" in Sunday school class before we left to go to our class.
In our class we are reading "ScreamFree Parenting" by Hal Runkel. I have actually read this book about a year ago. (It's in our guest bathroom, haha)
His points are really good. Although, I don't agree with him 100%, im a sold 85%. His main point is that "You are not responsible FOR your kids, you are responsible TO them." Meaning that your kids are ultimately responsible for the choices they make and those choices have consequences.
We came home for lunch, well juice and lounged around and watched football. Ava climbed on the couch with me and said, "let's take a nap." Yes ma'am.
Although, I didn't nap, she did for 2.5 hours!
After her nap, we took Pekka for a quick walk around the neighborhood and then came back to get ready to go to the
CARRIE UNDERWOOD concert!
Clint was able to get box seats from his work!
She is absolutely amazing! Her voice is unreal!!! It was a date night for us and we loved it!!
There is our weekend in a nutshell! Oh and I was able to eat some solid food yesterday after a WEEK!! Crazyiness!
Today, has been ok. I'm adding in foods slowly and not eating much in one sitting. Don't want to cause a ruckus in my belly! Still no exercise until I can get back to eating enough calories to sustain some exercise!
Have a great rest of the day! See ya soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment