Hey there! Happy Wednesday. Last week I posted about getting a stomach bug late Sunday night. Well, this "bug" is still with me. I have been scouring the internet each and every day to see what in the world could be wrong with me.
EVERY time I eat, about an hour or so after my stomach would have these EXTREMELY painful pains and I could literally tell you where my food was traveling in my intestines. I would get nauseous and get chills during this 4-5 hour process. It was waking me up at night with the same deal, no matter what time I ate before I went to bed.
I thought at first it could be something with gluten. I took that out to see if it was still an issue. Well, still same type of pain. I took out most things and still horrible pain.
I am NOT a doctor or medicine person. I believe that God made the body an amazing thing that heals itself when given the proper environment, i.e. chiropractic adjustments, the right foods, probiotics, vitamins and minerals.
I went from looking in to stomach ulcers, to a parasite, to finally talking to my doctor of choice, my boss and chiropractor. We were both on the case trying to figure this thing out. We came across diverticulitis and I KNEW! It had all of my symptoms point on and made total sense to me.
According to Wikipedia, "Diverticulitis is a common digestive disease particularly found in the large intestine. Diverticulitis develops from diverticulosis, which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) on the outside of the colon. Diverticulitis results if one of these diverticula becomes inflamed." Source
Once these pouches are formed they are permanent, so flare ups can happen again.
So what to do??
Flare up diet:
I researched this too and when you are having a flare up, the first few days should be a liquid, super easy to digest diet. (water, tea, jello, popscicles, juicing)
After the intestines have had time to calm down, you slowly add in low fiber foods(pastas, cereals, soft vegetables, potatoes no skin, lean meats and proteins).
The last and long lasting stage is a HIGH fiber diet. This will allow the intestines to not have to work so hard to get things moving.
Now, it is uncommon for people my age to get diverticulitis and it is typically when people have unhealthy diets. I do NOT fit this criteria. But with further research, healthy people do get this and there is no real reason.
So how have I handled this?
Since it took me 8 days to figure this out, Monday's lunch was my last "meal". From then I started liquids, popscicles, I had 2 glasses of juice from a juicing machine, NO EXERCISE, and probiotics. (I DO NOT reccommend this for a long amount of time. It is not a healthy way to live! I can tell my body is starting to get drained.
I am hoping to add in a little bit of solid foods either this afternoon or tomorrow. We shall see how that goes.
Oh and I am gettting a JUICER! So excited. My boss and his family juice religiously and believe in its healing powers. I went over to their house yesterday and got some and I am hooked. I was even able to digest it somewhat easily.
Does any one JUICE??
I had one that had carrots, grapefruit, lemon and oranges and the other was chard, apples, and celery. They both were yummy.
I am praying this flare will be over soon. Even though I am still working and doing my normal routine, when I am not in pain, I want to get back to feeling normal!
Well, there is my woe is me for the day. I hope y'all have a great Hump day. See you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment