Oh my goodness. Talk about being a NERVOUS NELLIE! My stomach felt like it was a mix of pregnant nausea and a herd of antelope galavanting around. Not a good mix, might I add.
Neither one of us slept very well last night. My mind was going a 100 different directions about what would or could happen today. Clint was super anxious about it. That means not a lot of sleep for either of us.
When I tell you that time felt like it stood still today, I am not joking. Usually, when I have 3 morning clients, time goes pretty quickly. NOT TODAY. I kept looking at my watch hoping that 1pm would come quickly and wishing it wouldn't come.
I went to pick Clint up from work early enough that we went to Subway to get lunch. Me, being the nervous wreck that I am, could barely stomach the sandwich and Clint had to choke his down. We were a pair!
We arrived about 10 minutes early and waited and waited and waited. We were the ONLY ones in the waiting room. I brought a book to distract me and Clint was looking at a Sports Illustrated magazine that was on the table. We waited for a good 30min. It was TORTURE!!!
FINALLY, they called us back, checked our wrist bands and put us in the u/s room. I couldn't get my pants off quick enough. One, because I was nervous and wanted to get it over with. Two, because I was anxious to see what was in the uti!
The u/s tech that put the vag-cam on my follies last month, was there to do our u/s today. That was a little comfort since she remembered me. (Remembered me or my uterus? Who knows?) Vag-cam starts the show and we see the MOST GLORIOUS LITTLE SAC AND MAKINGS OF A BABY EVER! I start to cry, OF COURSE. The tech, starts telling us what we are seeing and points at what looks like a blinking light. IT WAS THE HEARTBEAT!!! She turned up the dopplar and we got to HEAR IT!!! I have never heard a sweeter sound in my life, which brings oon more tears.
We go out to meet our RE and and before she comes in it hits me. We are really pregnant. It is real. Tears start to come and I was full of such happiness I can't express it. Our doc comes in to say everything looks great and see if we have any questions. We really didn't since we have our Masters in baby books and websites. She gave me some of the best Ob/gyn's she new and said that we didn't need to come back to see her. We graduated from RE school.
I made an appt today with one of the doctors she referred me to for a consultation sort of thing on Friday. Yay!!
We will be 7 weeks tomorrow, are measuring at 5.4 mm, and are on our way to blueberry status.
We are due July 29, 2010.
We are about to go tell my brother. We can't wait anymore. I think we are going to start letting the cat out of the bag.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?? WHEN WOULD YOU TELL??
I always thought I would be able to wait, but ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? We have been waiting too long for this miracle of ours!!!
What a wonderful day this must have been for you! Congratulations! I am so excited for you!!
ReplyDeleteYay yay yay! I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats, must have been the most beautiful thing you've ever seen!
ReplyDeleteWow Congratulations! What an amazing experience!!! Im not preggo yet but a lot of my friend usually wait until they are 8 weeks but if they told you that everything looks fine I think you should tell everybody =) Congrats again!
ReplyDeleteZuly
Very awesome my friend. I'm sure the relief you felt was soooo sweet. :) And yip on graduating from RE school!!
ReplyDeleteOh Courtney, I'm tearing up just listening to you TALK about your u/s. HOW EXCITING. Congratulations on a happy, healthy baby in there!!! I can't imagine the relief. Wow.
ReplyDeleteI say, TELL EVERYONE :) We already have, even though it was premature. It is SO FUN and it makes everything seem more real (although it still feels like we're joking or lying or something... maybe the u/s will change that!).
Wow. The heartbeat. Awesome. I can't wait for Monday :)
Awwww that's amazing! How exciting!!!! So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteI would probably tell close fam and friends early ! I am SO impatient!
Congratulations! Isn't it such a sweet thing to see and hear that little life inside you?
ReplyDeleteAs for telling... we told our families as soon as we knew but asked them not to tell anyone. We told the rest of the world at 14 weeks. We've been burned before, so we played our cards close to our chests.
Best of luck to you!
I am just beyond excited for you two. I've been thinking about you...wondering how everything was going, so I'm so glad to catch up on your blog and read the wonderful news of your ultrasound!!!!! Yay!!
ReplyDeleteOh, Courtney, what a wonderful day for you guys! I'm so happy for you. July 29 is a wonderful due date--it was mine in 2009 with Bella!
ReplyDeleteEmail me when you get a chance! I'd love to hear more from you!!
I am so happy for you! I can't imagine how excited you are! I hope to one day. I've always said I would wait several months (1st trimester) before telling anyone aside from husband (of course) and my mom. My MIL would tell everyone so quickly and I would rather it be a more private event for the first few months. But then again I am not the one pregnant. Go tell everyone! Tell the world the joy and love you are feeling!
ReplyDeleteOh yay!!!!!!!!!! How exciting-- congrats!
ReplyDeleteSuch an exciting post!
ReplyDeleteI told my mom and aunt and cousin. I feel badly for worrying them, as i have been burned before, but I want to celebrate every single moment of this pregnancy.
We won't tell anyone else until 10-12 weeks. It will be hard! (Okay, maybe I will tell a few friends...) I am such a blabbermouth about myself that it is hard!
I loved how you described the heartbeat. I have never seen one before, and I didn't realize it would look like a flashing light. How beautiful.