Tuesday, December 29, 2009

MIA blogger!

Hey ya.  I have been neglecting you, my bloggy friends!  I am so sorry.  The holidays definately TAKE over your life.  It doesn't just last for one day either.  People just have to have one more get together or you need to see one more family member.  Whew!  As much as I LOVE Christmas, I am glad it is once a year.  It is like a tornado whisks you away and then drops you back into your house with presents, wrapping paper, dirty dishes, and merry decor that got there somehow.  I need an elf to come and de-tornado our house.  (Note to Self: Ask Santa for a clean up ELF crew!)

I just hope this ELF doesn't get dropped off.  The thought of spaghetti and syrup with a sprinkle of candy makes me want to yack!!


We survived the Christmas season, with great times with family,gifts given and received and a 4 day run of the yacks for me. Who could ask for more?!?!? 

I do have a story that I never thought I would have in my life folder of "Courtney's stories."  We have Clint's family over to our house for Christmas day lunch and his cousin and her hubs came.  Now, it has been YEARS since Clint and cuz have seen each other, so this was the first time to meet her.  She came right in like she knew me and gave me a hug.  SOLD!!  I am a huge hugger and I knew I liked her from the start. 
We all started eating and everyone was yapping about this and that.  Cuz was at our dining table with Clint's gramma and some others and I heard her talking.  Well, honestly when I heard her say "endometriosis", my ears perked up and I started to "really listen." 

From what I heard her say, she and hubs have been trying to conceive for years.  She has a blocked fallopian tube and the docs say the ONLY way she can get pregnant is though IVF.  They are saving money for that, but she doesn't know. 

Right then and there my heart slammed to my xmas socked covered feet.  I WAS THE "OTHER WOMAN."  I had become that woman that I was so jealous of.  Here I am so excited about our blessing, that I didn't think what our joy could be doing to her. 

I caught her going to the bathroom (perfect timing I know) and apologized right there.  I told her how sorry I was, because I know how hard it is to be around the "pregnancy joy."  She hugged me and said "I'm ok with it.  I have accepted it.  Don't be sorry."  After that we started sharing doctor stories and all was good. 

I learned something though.  I will not forget what we have struggled through.  Yes we are so overjoyed and blessed for our Baby Bug but I am still going to be conscience of other women around me.  I won't be able to tip toe around everyone I come in contact with, but I can be aware! 

IF is hard and I wouldn't wish it on anyone!!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the other side of the holidays!

    Clint's cuz sounds like a good, good egg. :) And you're one too for being so wonderfully sensitive to her feelings. I bet that hug felt equally awesome to the both of you.

    I hope the yackies are GONZO for you in 2010! Bring on the baby bump and non-nauseous symptoms!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a great Christmas (minus the yacking)! That's so great that you were able to understand what might be a sad situation for Clint's cuz and adress it. It probably meant so much to her that you said something and recognized it, that would mean a lot. Hope the yacking stops ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog today randomly! You seem really cool. Christmas IS an overwhelming whirlwind and exhausting when it's over.

    I think it's awesome that now you are the "other woman" and that she totally understands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Court, how sweet and considerate of you to come to that realization and talk to her about it! I'm sure she really appreciated it.

    On the other hand, how AWESOME does it feel to be the woman that you were always jealous of? Pretty darn good, I bet. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete