Hey lovies! Happy Friday! Heck Yeah! I am thrilled. I have tomorrow off. It has been the 1st Saturday I have had off and nothing planned since Thanksgiving weekend. With the exhaustion of our now blueberry, and me working 12- 13 hour days at the gym, I just want to do NADA! This is typically not me. I get stir crazy if we are in the house for too long, but as of now I just want to lay around tomorrow and *gasp* be lazy. (We will see if I can!)
I had been going to a Nurse Practioner Ob/gyn for the last 5 years. She was a great lady and treated me wonderful. UNTIL, I wanted to get pregnant. She gave me two options when we I hadn't started my period in over 60 days after getting of BCP.
1. Eat more and gain weight
or
2. Take injections everyday so that I can ovulate. At about $2000 a month.
Um, WHAT? That is it? You mean there isn't anything in between??? Did I miss a few steps??
We took things into our own hands and contacted the best RE in town. We met her and she had a step by step plan. (My kind of lady. ) We went step by step after 11 long months, everything paid off.
When we met with her on Wednesday to graduate, I asked her if she had any recommendations for great Ob/gyns. She gave me 3 names that she said were the best. NICE! As soon as I got back to work, I set out on researching which of the three were going to be our doctor and get very intimate with. One of them I couldn't find. SHE WAS SCRATCHED.
The other one has 14 years experience and good reviews. SHE HAS POTENTIAL. The last one has 27 years experience and she graduated from the UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA. SOLD!!!!
In a previous post, I described the team love in our household. So, I as soon as I saw she went to UofAL, I didn't have to go back to look at the other option.
I called and made an appt for today at 12:30 to meet with the nurse of my new Ob/gyn. I got there early to fill out the "fun" new patient info. Of course, I brought a book. You never know when you can get in a few pages. The nurse called me back and introduced herself as Judy. I fell in love with her. She is funny, calming, and has a little wit. She has been my doc's right hand woman for 24 years. That is a good sign.
We went through my history as well as mine and Clint's family history. Thankfully neither one of us have any things in our families that could warrant potential problems. She went through all sorts of info. Which, since I already have my Ph.D in pregnancy related topics and issues, I was aware of everything she was telling me. We meet the actual doctor in 4 weeks on January 7th to get a pap-smear and some other things done.
She weighed me!! Honestly, I was ok with whatever the number was going to be. Ever since I let counting everything go, I have been at peace with things. I have gained 2lbs of glorious baby weight so far. Judy said that my doc recommends 20-30lbs. and I am A-OK with this.
After the appt, I had to go downstairs to the lab and get blood drawn. 5 vials of my hard working baby-making blood was gone! I didn't know when she was going to stop. Judy also highly recommended me to go to the Health Dept and get the H1N1 shot. I have teetered on this topic ever since we got pregnant. I really wasn't sure what I would do. Since, I now have a love relationship with Judy, I trusted her and my doc's recommendations. I hope I don't get sick now. The ONE time my college softball coach made us get the flu shot, I got sicker than a puppy. I hope this won't be the case.
Here are some questions for y'all!
Would you be ok switching Ob/Gyns??
Would you get the H1N1, if you haven't already??
Have a lovely weekend!!!
Yes and Yes on the new doc and on the H1N1 (gotta look out for Blueberry!). Sounds like such a fabulous appt my dear friend. I am over the moon for you. You have graduated! This is real! Does it feel like fireworks every time it hits you!?
ReplyDeleteI have an OB/GN that I really like, I will keep her if I get pregnant. I have a friend that used her for her delivery and she loves her.
ReplyDeleteI would get the H1N1 vaccine, esp if they're recommending it.
Have a great, lazy weekend!
I am still crazy excited for you! I loved my OB but a different one was on call the day I delivered. No biggie.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you found a great RE and love her! I'd say go w/ the H1N1 if she recommended it. I wouldn't feel bad switching obgyn's eiher. I switched from a lady I'd gone to for years to a dude and like him a lot better. I had reasons to switch. Anyhow glad your blueberry is doing well!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you found an awesome doc who you love!
ReplyDeleteI just got the H1N1 vaccine last week. I got it as soon as I could, because every doctor recommends it. I think it is crazy that it is even a debated topic... H1N1 can kill babies. 'Nuff said. Get it. Unlike the regular flu shot, H1N1 does NOT have live virus in it, so there's nothing in it that will make you sick. No worries!
Aww thank you! do you really like it? Don't lie to me! LOL I liked it but its nice to have other opinions! Make up is so FUN but I am not creative in that dept!
ReplyDeleteThank you =)
ReplyDeleteI left you an award on my blog, bestie. :)
ReplyDelete