Dear Juan Valdez,
As much as it pains me to do this, I need to break up with you! You have been like air to me for so so so long. You have carried me through grad school, early morning training clients, and I can forget a little spur of the moment "afternoon delight."
Your smell has always made me swoon, even to the point of walking down the coffee aisle in the grocery store and inhaling deeply at the fresh coffee grinder. I loved the warm feeling you gave me when I was cold or needed to just comfort myself.
You have been with me for so long, but it is time to say goodbye. You see, the little "sweet pea" that is growing and developing so amazingly inside my belly does not like you very much. "Sweet pea" gets REAL queasy when I drink your rich roasted goodness. REAL QUEASY!! Today for instance, when I walked down the glorious coffee aisleto have a little rendevous with you, the smell of you repulsed me. I can not take you any longer. You make me sick!
So with a sad heart, I will say good-bye. Hopefully, one day we will meet again when I don't feel like vomiting all over you.
Yours forever,
Happy Mama to be
Sweet Pea wins her/his first of many battles! :) I'm sorry for the symptoms Court, but oh so happy you have that baby inside of you who's creating them!!!
ReplyDeleteOMG OMG OMG OMG!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! I totally did not see the original post! Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months! PS - dont throw your shampoo away just yet... in about 12-14 weeks the little peanut will like it again ;)
ReplyDeleteIf you EVER have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me!!! I remember thos 9 months a little too well! ;)
Also, check out thebump.com pregnancy boards - saved my sanity!
Sorry you're feeling queasy, but yay for your lil bean thriving in there!! I hope the queasiness passes soon.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it crazy that our bodies reject things that are bad for the baby? Who am I kidding...my body rejected everything for the first few weeks
ReplyDeleteHahahaha, oh no, that queasiness seems to be getting to you! Bummer on the coffee, but really, that makes it all the easier to quit cold turkey!
ReplyDelete:) Be happy about the symptoms... I am beginning to wonder if I'm even preggo anymore...
I dread the day I have to break up with Starbucks. I've already started requesting my Venti non-fat caramel macchiato be made "Half Caff"... it's just not the same. But, it will be worth it!
ReplyDelete