"The Humpty Dance is your chance to do the humpDo the Humpty Hump, come on and do the Humpty HumpDo the Humpty Hump, just watch me do the Humpty HumpDo ya know what I'm doin', doin' the Humpty HumpDo the Humpty Hump, do the Humpty Hump"
Happy Wednesday. Now that we know we are having a baby GIRL, now we have some serious decisions to make.
HOW DO WE DECORATE THE NURSERY?!?!?! See tough decisions that could impact our Baby Ava's life in a great way or lead to therapy one day.
I have this vision in my head and it is kind of hard to put it into reality.
Here are some things we are leaning towards right now.
*White walls with some sort of splash of color. Not sure about polkas sprinkled about or what. Any suggestions???
*Bedding. (Without the wall monkeys.) Rosenberry Rooms
*The crib that is a possibility.
Target

Thoughts and Opinions welcomed!!
Here is travel system that I want. It is the best of both worlds for me. I wish it was a little more girly, but hey Clint will be pushing it too. Plus, she will be all girl inside the system!!!
The one question that we aren't sure of, is what do we buy now and what do we register for and see if we get at our Baby Showers?!?! (I'm not being greedy or expect people to buy things for us, but when you have showers there is that reality that people bring gifts. What would you buy yourself and what would you wait and see???
Have a great Wednesday!!!!


The bedding is super cute! And I think I would get the big furniture stuff (like the crib, a dresser, and a changing table) and wait and see on the smaller stuff like the stroller. But I've obviously never registered for a baby before, so I could be wrong!
ReplyDeleteBedding is super cute and will look awesome with a white crib. I think I'd refrain from completely white walls, maybe like in the picture - white and another color (not necessarily pink) but with some accent color polka dots on it??? Just a thought...
ReplyDeleteAlso, we're registering for everything. Our families have offered to buy some of it so we'll just have them buy it off the registry - that people know what we've got and what we don't. We aren't going to buy anything (I take that back - we're going to start buying diapers soon) until after the showers and the families make their purchases - plus, we're getting some stuff from friends too. I hate returning things, so I'm avoiding the purchases until we know what we've got. :0)
Our crib has a changing table attached, which I've absolutely LOVED, because it seems like such a space saver. I'd definitely recommend that.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I second what Kate said: register for everything! You never know what people will choose buy. I didn't really buy any major ahead of time--just cute outfits here and there, that I couldn't resist. I think it matters how long before due date your shower(s) will be. Mine was about a month-5 weeks before, so I had time afterwards to buy all the remaining things we needed that we didn't get at the shower.
What an existing stage in your pregnancy. You can get a lot of ideas from Pottery Barn Kids to decorate the nursery, so check it out.
ReplyDeleteI love the bedding too!! Very cute! I registered for the travel system and some bedding, but we bought the crib and dresser ahead of time. We are using a desk that we already had as a changing table to save money...and then she'll already have a desk when she gets older!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on having a girl! I love her name! :)
Love love love what you've picked out so far. I am also in the planning the nursery stage... it's SO FUN. I have an excel spreadsheet with 6 different nursery schemes. I'm a bit obsessed. I know.
ReplyDeleteI am also having the "what to buy and what to register for" debate. Part of me wants to buy everything right now, so I'm having trouble just saying I'll register for everything. But that said, I don't even know who, if anyone, is throwing us a shower, so we may be on our own! One never knows. I guess it's not kosher to ASK someone to throw you a shower, huh?