Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Decided

Hey bloggies.  Happy Hump day! (I love to say that, haha!!!)  I hope your week has been going great.  Mine has been so-so. 

The other morning, I was doing my usual morning routine (breakfast, filling in my life with computer time) and decided something.  I go to my 23 week appt. tomorrow and we you go to the appts., if everything is a routine checkup, as soon as you get there you pee in a cup and get your weight taken.  If you remember my post, at my big u/s, you will remember I didn't have a good experience with my "substitute" doctor.  I have been so worried about gaining too much for the last 4 weeks. 
(Beware.  There are some ramblings.)

My decision is...I AM NOT GOING TO SEE WHAT MY WEIGHT IS!.

I will let the doctor tell me if she is concerned with it, but otherwise I don't want to know what the scale says.  I FEEL good until I know that number.  Then, I start comparing myself to every other pregnant woman and trying to fit into the "supposed to weigh" category.  I have had enough.  I am one woman.  If I am healthy and so is Baby Ava, then I am ok with that.

  I eat 95% healthier than most pregnant women and most non-pregnant women and if my body wants to put on more than the average gain, SO BE IT.  It's not like I don't live at the gym all day.  I will get the gain off.  I am going to enjoy this pregnancy and not let that number ruin our happiness.

So there is my big decision and I am sticking to it!!!!  It is so empowering!!!

9 comments:

  1. I think that is an awesome idea and attitude! You are correct, you are an extremely healthy person and you have nothing to worry about. Some your pre-pregnancy size SHOULD gain more weight than the averages or what the chart says you're "supposed" to gain. I have several friends who were very small pre-pregnancy and all gained a ton of weight during and had no problem taking it off after. You will be fine! Stay healthy =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOTALLY agree with your decision. You feel good, your baby is growing, you're eating right, the number on the scale doesn't matter. The most important thing is that you're feeling good and being healthy, not what the scale says! Keep doin' what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I think this is a fantastic decision and I support you 100%!! I feel like unless you are very far on either end of the sprectrum (gaining virtually no weight or packing on 80+ pounds), then you can certainly have a very healthy pregnancy, and I know that you are completely right that you are super healthy. You are providing such an awesome home for baby Ava!!

    Lots of love and continued good wishes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree as well - if it's soemthing your doctor is concerned about, she can discuss it with you. Until that point, it will save you soooooo much overthought and stress. If you feel good and your baby is healthy, that's all that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good attitude! I will tell you that I am almost 37 weeks, and I have gained 52 pounds so far. The doctor has never said a word about it, I don't have gestational diabetes, and the baby is healthy and happy. Those weight guidelines are just that...guidelines. But they don't encompass every woman, so it's very smart of you to do what feels right for your body! :)

    In my case, the women in my family have all gained a lot of weight with pregnancy...and afterwards, they were thinner than they were before getting pregnant. So I don't put too much thought into it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome attitude and I think this is a really good decision. You are doing great! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! I totally agree and support your decision! I think my SIL did that also b/c seeing the number made her feel bad. But you are healthy and you will for sure bounce back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! Perfect idea. The weight does go away, and a healthy baby is always the most important thing. I lost my baby weight with little to no effort - just practical eating and lots of walks with the babe. You eat well and know the importance of exercise, so I would say that you're covered!

    I feel the same way every time I need to get weighed - I'm so anxious about it the night before, and my mood is often affected by what the scale says at my monthly (now weekly) appointments. I wish I had adopted your attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES YES YES this is an awesome decision. I couldn't believe how rude your sub doc was at your last appointment. I'll be honest, I just had my own little run-in with the scale. Yesterday I weighed in at 20 pounds above my 1st appointment weight. 20 pounds at 22 weeks. Although that's slightly higher than what I'm "supposed" to gain, I totally agree that you (and I) eat A HUNDRED TIMES healthier than most women in our situation, and every body is different. I'm not sweating it.

    I love your decision, it is so balanced and healthy. Keep it up, lady!

    ReplyDelete