Since I have been breastfeeding, I have been doing the feeding of course, and Clint has been handling the diaper changing, burping, and majority of clothes changing. (he does a really good job, even with accessorizing!) We are a well fine tuned machine.
Today, with him not being here and her 2 week doc checkup, doing it by myself is a little more strenuous. She has her schedule and is pretty consistent with it.(like her mama) She typically has a feeding about 8am and we had an appt at 9. Ok, I thought maybe I can get her to hold off until after the appt. since she ate about 6am....um no. About 7:50am she started sucking her hands, big sign of "mama, I am hungry." I learned that you can do so much with one arm, a baby on your boob, and still get ready to go. (brush your teeth, get the diaper bag together, find clothes to wear) Apparently, the mama instinct does kick in and multi-tasking is a super hero characteristic.
Everything went smoothly today though and we got through it. He couldn't wait to get his hands on those beautiful cheeks. I got a kiss first though!
Her appt details:
Weight at birth: 7lbs 11oz
Length at birth: 19 3/4in
Weight at 2 weeks 2 days old: 8lbs 2oz
Length at 2 weeks 2 days old: 20in
She is healthy and growing great. We go back when she is 2 months and that is when she gets her 1st round of major shots. I made sure to schedule it in the afternoon so Clint can come with me. I don't know who will cry more, me or Ava.
How could you not love this sweet face?!?!
Wow you are doing so well!! It must feel a little scary at first but I am glad to hear that maternal instincts kick in and you just know what to do. Ava looks so cute and beautiful, I am happy to hear all seem to be going so well with her.
ReplyDeleteawesome. i had my baby's 2 wk check up today.....
ReplyDeletewish she was on a schedule like your ava!!!!
anyways,glad you mamma instincts and multi-tasking are kicking in high gear! you will be needing them often!
:)
It sounds like you did FABULOUS on Clint's first day back! Scary when you realize hubby won't be around but hey women are superheros and can manage :). At least you sound like a superhero! It must help that Ava is super schedulized!
ReplyDeleteWe didnt have to go to the doctors at 2 weeks; we had to go at like 5 days old. But we go again at 1 month (this week). Did Ava like the doctor? Blaine hardly ever cries but he WAILED like the whole hour we were at the office. LOL. Gah.
She's beautiful!
Ava is so beautiful! Looks like an angel.
ReplyDeleteHow are you faring 3 wks on? Look fwd to your next post :)
She's so beautiful!!
ReplyDelete