Hi,
Ava and I have been doing a few errands each day to get out of the house and get some things done. We have went to see Clint at work and take him lunch, gone to see my family, and to the grocery store/bank(two in one errand).
The thing about running errands now is that you have to plan when to go and how to go. Running in somewhere for a something real quick is never going to happen again!! Now, I have a little boo-bug and her diaper bag in tow. You also have to go right after a feeding, so you have about 2-3 hour window of errand running and driving time before she starts making her sucking noises. (Thankfully Ava is a car sleeper!)
I went to the grocery store with her yesterday for the 1st time and I was a wee bit nervous. Why was I nervous? Well, I will explain.
1. I was nervous to put her carseat in the seat of the buggy, so I put her in the buggy itself. Most people put the carseats in the seat, but I tried that today and I can not see over the carseat. (not a good thing!) The thing about putting her inside the buggy is that you can't get many things! You are limited in space.
2. I was nervous to walk away from the buggy AT ALL. I kept picturing some man nonchantly walking away with her and my cart. I forgot the main thing I went to the store for, so I had to back around the registers and get what I needed. (Take a list!)
3. I was nervous putting her in the car and then loading the groceries in the back of the Murano. I was thinking someone could just walk up and open the door.
I know these nervous tendencies could be crazy thinking, but we all hear crazy stories on the news all over the place. I am so much more aware of safety now and being extra careful and precautious. I know I can't protect her from EVERY little thing, but being smart and aware of my surroundings are things that will keep us both safe on outings.
Three Thankfuls for Thursday
3. We safely made it in and out of the grocery with all that we needed.
4. Although annoying most of the time, my family adores Ava and mine and Clint's relationship with them is so much better.
5. Our dogs love Ava, almost too much sometimes. I have heard horror stories of people having to get rid of their fur-babies and thankfully we don't have to.
ahhhhhh,the joys of motherhood! no worries,your thoughts about grocery stores,loadig groceries,etc etc are NORMAL!!!baby Mckinnley and i went to the store just yesterday,and let me tell ya,even though this is #3 for me,i was still apprehensive about everything!!!
ReplyDeleteand wow,i am so much more the germ-a-phobe now sincei have kids,i keep handsanitizer everywhere in my house,keep the lysol wipes (and sanitizer) in my car...always wipe the cart off before i let my kids touch it....
anyways,its just your mommy senses kicking it,all normal-just your mind trying to reprogram itself ina good way!!!
love your 3 thankfuls btw---i am the same way with my family!!!
We did the same thing at the grocery; carseat down in the bottom of the cart. But my advantage: I had my mom with me and she had a 2nd cart for the groceries! Sure was handy!!
ReplyDeleteYou're a brave woman! I haven't ventured anywhere but the pediatrician's office with both of them by myself and that was quite the feat! Glad things went well for you!
ReplyDeleteCograts on this big step! I know I will be just as nervous as you are about doing things for the first time with Izzy... thanks for sharing how it's all going!! I am sure you second visit will go much smoother!
ReplyDelete