Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hodge Podge.

Good Morning Sunshines.  Although, it is gloomy here in Nashville and supposed to snow later this afternoon, I am going to create my own sunshine!

Let's get right to business.
Tuesday night workout was B.R.U.T.A.L.  Funny thing is I did it to myself!
Cardio:
Ellip. 30 min
Weights:(using 2-5.5kg plates plus bar)
Single leg step ups-2x10/leg
Giant set-3 way chest press (wide grip, middle grip, close grip) 2x10 each
Deep Squats 2x10
Palm up bent over rows 2x10
Bulgarian split lunges 2x10/leg
Reverse grip bicep curls 2x10
Wide Squats 2x10
MMMMM GOOD!!!!!

Last night Spin class.  It has been 2 weeks since I was able to make a spin class.  Although, honestly I was VERY close to opting out and working out by myself.  I am so glad I didn't because my fave instructor was teaching!  Even though she is ALWAYS late getting started, she makes up for it in kicking tail and taking names.  Plus she has great music that you can get into and hit the right tempo with the pedal stroke.  I was sucking down some water through the entire thing!

RECIPE TIME.......
I put this in the crockpot yesterday morning and turned it on high while we went to the gym.  It is so easy, fairly healthy, and super tasty.  I kind of threw this together and was not disappointed.
Turkey Chili
~lb of ground turkey meat (browned and drained of excess fat)
2 cans chili beans (hot) undrained....can do mild if want to
1 can black beans undrained
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained (chili ready)
1 package chili seasoning
-Pour all ingredients into crockpot.  6 hours on low or 2-3 on high.  Can top with sour cream, cheese, etc)
Nutrition-(this is an approx.) (Toppings not included)
4 servings 
Cal. 406
Fat 18g
Fiber 10
Carbs 28g
Protein 34

This is definitely a hodge podge of things, but hey I am always thinking about 16 different things at once!
Our pre-marital counselor said "men's brains are like boxes.  They can only keep one open at a time. Women's brains are like spaghetti noodles. Each noodle is intertwined and is a is never ending!"  Isn't that the BEST analogy.  I am definitley full of noodles!!

I will leave you with a video of Ava.  She is a MESS.  My heart overflows!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh4Nc6NrDB4

No comments:

Post a Comment