Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Words are powerful

Oh me oh my, where has January gone??!?!?!  This month always flys by for me.  Is there a month that flys for you?
This past weekend wasa good one.  Who am I kidding, every weekend when I can spend time with Clint and Ava are great.  Because of super icy roads, I stayed home with Ava on Friday.  She was so congested Thursday night, that we "slept" in the living room, so Clint could get some rest because he was going in to work.  I use slept loosely, because she would only sleep if she was held.  She couldn't take her fooler because she was so congested she wouldn't be able to breathe.  Needless, to say about 3 hours of total sleep was had.  Friday she needed mama all day.  I got nothing accomplished, BUT i cherish the time where she NEEDS me. There will come a time when she won't need me, so I will take advantage and let her be my leech!

We opted out of the gym last night to go to the grocery store.  If I am able, I usually do little grocery shopping on my lunch, and Clint and I do big shopping together.  Who grocery shops in your house? We (well I) love going to the grocery store.  Do you like to grocery shop? 
We are making Chipotle macaroni and cheese from Cooking Light for supper tonight!  I will let you know how it turns out.

Question of the day:  Who can affect your mood?
Of course, any spat/fight with Clint leaves my mood deflated, but my mom has a way of saying things that can get to me.  I picked Ava up yesterday and I was putting her in her carseat when my mom (in a hushed tone, my daddy was the only other person there) asked if I had gotten my period back.
ME: "No ma'am, with breastfeeding it is normal to not get it back for a while or until you stop breastfeeding.(Didn't you give birth 3 times?)
MOM: Well, is "everything" ok? (everything referring to my past of eating disorder)
ME: Yes ma'am, why?
MOM: Are you sure?(looking at me like she doesn't believe me) Because you are too thin again.  I noticed yesterday at church. 
ME: Yes mom, everything is good.  I don't want to lose any more weight.
MOM: To AVA: No, your mama doesn't need to lose anymore weight.

I left there with my shoulders hunched.  She had brought it up again!!!  I let it go yesterday.  We were going to go to the gym first and then go to the grocery.  She rattled me so much, that I walked into the house and told Clint we would just go to the grocery because it would be late getting home if we did both.  In truth, she made me not want to go to the gym. 
(He could tell something was wrong, but I needed to process the conversation before I told him. Clint gets fired up and very protective when my mom starts this conversation with me.  My mom is overweight and is in no position to be talking to me about weight.)

I finally told him what had happened.  I decided I am going to say something to her this morning.  I now understand a mother's worry, but she NEVER brings this up over concern.  It is usually in an accusing/demeaning tone.  I am ok about it now, but she shook me to the core for a while yesterday.  I know that I am healthy and in shape.  I have a somewhat healthy relationship with food (peanut butter not included).  I don't workout excessively.  Plus, Clint agrees.  (He would tell me if anything was different.  He says what is on his mind!)
So, who affects your mood in a negative way?

Have a great Tuesday and workout!!

No comments:

Post a Comment