Random fact.....did you know it snowed in 49 states yesterday??? The only state that did NOT have snow was...Florida. That means it snowed in even Hawaii! Crazy!!
The snow and now ice have affected Nashville. Monday we had a family snow day. ANY day that I have with Clint and Ava are perfect, no matter what we do.
Ava news: When we stand her up she can hold on and balance. She LOVES looking outside and just laughs and has her mouth open wide like she is surprised.
She is also sitting up all by herself too! She is looking at Clint in this picture. I am going to have to have a chatty chat with her. She needs to SLOW DOWN with this developmental thing! I don't want her growing up too fast!! Sheesh.
Mama news: I went to my OB/GYN yesterday for my yearly checkup. Boyo that was a BLAST! I don't mind that checkup, especially now that I have given birth and feel NO SHAME about ANYTHING, but I mean come on, I don't look FORWARD to it! All is good with me. Blood pressure is excellent. Weight is pre-pregnancy. Everything checks out. So far that is. I will get the results of my pap smear in a few days.
I worked out yesterday. I went to the gym, not really knowing what I wanted to do. I started out on the ellip for 30 min with me Sony Ereader. I got a good sweat on! I decided I would do my own creative Les Mills' BodyPump.
2 minutes of squats. Alt between 2 counts, 3 to 1 counts and lower half squats ~40lbs barbell
2 minutes deadlifts/rows. Alt between deadlifts, then a set of 3 consecutive rows. ~20lbs barbell
2 minutes of chest press/skull crushers. ~20 barbell
2 minutes of Lunges. Alt. between 2 counts and pulses. ~20 barbell
1 minute of bicep curls. Alt. between full range of motion and lower half curls to upper half curls. ~20lb barbell
1 minute front shoulder press. Alt. between 2 counts and explosive bursts. ~20lb barbell
1 minute of weighted crunches and weighted leg lifts. ~10lb plate
All in all, I was pretty shaky, shaky like in the ALLSTATE commercial.
Tonight, is spin class and I am crossing my fingers for my fave instructor. Even if Snooty McSnooterson is teaching, I will take the class and try to come out sweating buckets.To catch you up, Clint and I have been doing really good getting out of the supper rut and having a good compromise with "my" food and "his".
Friday night we made some "healthier" kick-a@@ turkey lasagna.
Saturday night we made Kelly's Chicken Bruschetta Bake. It was really good. The only change we will make next time is to drain the tomatoes. Too much mushy consistency for us.
Both dishes made GREAT leftovers!
Last night was turkey bacon, eggs and Grands biscuits.
I will keep you posted on the "new" or "healthier" versions of our mission of getting out of our upper rut.
Anything fun and exciting been going on with you??
My birthday is Monday!!! I am a HUGE birthday person. I can
Are you big on birthdays?
Clint isn't and never has been. We will balance each other out when Ava's birthday's start to happen.
Have a great hump day!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment