Thursday, January 6, 2011

Trying to get it together.

Happy Thursday all. 

I am not feeling all that great.  Clint and I have started cold I think.  I am pretty sure we got our sickies from our beautiful Ava, who was sick last week.  She gets snotty every now and then, but she is pretty much sick free. 
I really didn't feel like going to the gym last night.  I had had a sinus headache dead center of my forehead most of the day and I am about to turn into a throat lozenger.  BUT, it was spin class with my fave instructor last night and I missed last week because Ava was under the weather, so we trudged on and went.
I don't know if you know the saying, "when we make plans, God laughs", but he was laughing at me.  I was all set on my bike waiting on class to start, when I look up and lo and behold the instructor that is just not very friendly and kind of snooty.  I can not get away from this woman.  The Monday night "Pump it up" class I went to, she was teaching and then last night.  The calendar does NOT have her teaching those classes.  So either, she is subbing a lot or the calendar is WRONG.  There is just something about her that chafes my hide.
Example: 
We are doing sprints and she says, "let's burn those calories, I know you have some to spare."  WHAT?  Listen, lady, I know you have bird legs, a fit body and fake boobs, but I wouldn't suggest pointing that out.
THEN, there is a larger woman in class and she pushes herself hard.  Well, we were about to do jumps and the instructor looks at her and says, "Now you don't have to do the jumps as fast as me."  It might just be me, but I took that as mean to point her out in front of the entire class.  She has taken enough classes that she knows how and when to push herself.  When in actuality, the women beside me are chatting away and not pushing so hard.  (The chatting during class bothered me too!!!)
Do you think I am overthinking what the instructor said?
How do you feel about Chatty Cathy's in classes?
Even though, I felt cruddy, I pushed through and had a great workout!  Success in my book!

I am still working on my goals and getting out of my rut!  I will keep you posted on what I decide.

Here are some thoughts that I have been mulling over TO DEATH in my head.  I am trying to find balance in my eating.  I have been balls to the wall in my nutrition since I was cleared from the doc at my 6 week postpartum check up.  Now that I am at my goal weight and feeling the best I have ever felt, I am going to start incorporating a sense of balance between super healthy and letting go a little. 

Clint is very supportive and has been since I have been trying to get back in hot mama shape.  He is VERY compromising with foods I want to eat even though, I know he wants to eat REAL food now and again. ( HE TOLD ME SO!)
Our "healthy" suppers consist of:

Turkey taco salads
Chicken and baked sweet potatoes for me regular potatoes for Clint
Grilled chicken salads
Turkey whole wheat pasta
Eggs, turkey bacon, toast
Turkey chili

WE ARE STUCK IN A FOOD RUT TOO!!!
His idea of real food is:
Chicken and dumplings
Nachos
Biscuits, gravy, "real" sausage


So, this is where you come in.
How do you decide and plan suppers to find a balance of "healthy" and "real" food?
Let me have those ideas!!

Ciao, ladies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment