GOOD MORNING!!
I hope everyone's weekend was fabulous!
Mine was!
First, here is Ava and her new trick! Such a big girl!
On to the weekend. Saturday morning started at an early 3:30am! I was so afraid I would miss my alarms that I set two! I never sleep through an alarm but for some reason I was terrified I would. We were meeting friends at 5am to head to LP stadium(where the TN Titans play and the FINISH line for the COUNTRY MUSIC MARATHON and 1/2 MARATHON. It was still dark and quite chilly when we got there. We were able to get on the shuttle and head on over to Centennial Park where the race was to start. Poor Ava and mama were SUPER cold!!! (Holy white legs!)
I just took my long sleeve tshirt off and am ready to get the show on the road!
Me, my running buddy Eva and her friend Tabitha. Eva was doing all kinds of nervous laughing! She was making me nervous!
Me, my best friend Leigh's husband(beside me) and his friend Kevin.
I had too!! A rave isn't official without a baby onesie with zebra print....right?!?!
My sis loaned Ava her shades!
Ava and my mom at the finish line waiting on me. Doesn't it look like she is cheering? (sorry for the sideways pic)
Do you see me?
Finally found Clint and Ava!
Trusty Garmin!
1/2 marathons are exhausting! (she wasn't eating the sunflower seed btw)
Quick recap!
I was super nervous and anxious and had pterodactyls flying around in my belly. When we started the START line, Kevin took off and Leigh's husband was up ahead but I could still keep him in sight. Me, Eva and Tabitha kept together until about 7.5 miles and then they waved me on. Periodically, I was giving text updates to Clint to let him and everyone with him where we all were and what mile we were on. I lost Leigh's husband at one of the curves and never saw him again.
The hills weren't that bad actually since where we live is extreme hill mania. What sucked was there were lots of hills but BARELY ANY DOWNHILLS! Talk about a killjoy.
I kept my pace and took a CHOMP around mile 8. I was feeling good but new that 10.5miles was the farthest I had ran. I was nervous I would hit my wall, so I took another CHOMP around mile 10. My corral was 2:15, but secretly I wanted to get 2:00. So what did I get???
| OvrPl | SexPl | DivPl | Bib | First Name | Last Name | City | State | Chip Time |
| 5878 | 2530 | 674 | 18580 | Courtney |
02:07:55!!!!!!
I am pretty dang proud of that!! The only time I walked was at the water/Cytomax stations and it was my farthest run so far! I crossed the finish line a bundle of emotions. I got teary actually. I can't explain the accomplishment you feel when you set out to do something as amazing as running a 1/2 marathon and doing it! Especially having a baby 9 months ago! Having Clint, Ava, my mom and sis there meant the world to me!
Am I sore? Yes! My quads were yesterday and still today. All of the uphills and no downs really pushed the quads.
How long are you resting? I took yesterday off and will today too. I am going to do the elliptical and some slooooow couple mile runs this week and then next week it is game on.
Why is that? Because I signed up for Wilma Rudolph 6th Annual 10k Road Race on June 25th!
Will I run another 1/2 marathon? HECK YEAH, I am running
|
My other 2 friends and I hosted our very pregnant friend's Baby Shower yesterday.
Here is the food spread.
Mary(who the shower was for) is in the middle. She is due in 2 weeks with Baby Kate and Leigh on the left is due August 31st!
Speaking of Mary, the guy below is her husband Scott. He ran the Country Music Marathon Saturday morning and he won 2nd PLACE! Yes, you read that correctly 2nd place! He finished the full in 2:24min! Almost as fast as mine time but double the miles! It is crazy knowing the 2nd place finisher. He is a cross country coach and we knew he loved to run, but had NO IDEA he was THAT GOOD!
Here is another picture of the 4 of us.
How was your weekend???
Have a great day!
Go girl! You are awesome!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletecongrats!!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Courtney! You now have the marathoning bug :)
ReplyDeleteThe pictures of Ava in her "Run Mama Run" onesie are PRICELESS! I can't wait to have a baby just so he/she can wear that. Adorable!
Way to rock your race...and PS. you don't even look tired in your after pic ;)
YAY!!! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteRob ran his first marathon last year at the Country Music Marathon. It was an amazing day!
I know that Clint, Ava & your family were so proud of you-- I'm proud of you, too!
Congrats girl! You are so cute! And your baby girl is precious!! Love her new trick. She's awesome like her mama!
ReplyDelete