Thank you for all of the nice comments about my 1st Half Marathon. It was such an amazing experience! I wish I could bottle all of those feelings and emotions. Speaking of emotions, yesterday I was definitely down in the dumps aka "postrace blues". You know...when there is so much focus on training and the countdown to "the day". It gets here, you run and feel amazing after and even the next day. But then the high is gone and now you are left feeling lost and now what?!? (this can be for any event, i.e. graduation, wedding, postbaby)
I took 2 much needed days off from working out and had planned to start back yesterday. My thoughts (negative ones)were all over the place. Tuesdays are my day off during the week and have become house cleaning, gym time alone, and errand days. I dropped Ava off at my parent's house and went back home to clean and wallow in my pity party for one! I had COMPLETELY talked myself out of going to the gym.
-It was raining.
-It was chilly outside.
-I was getting out just to go to the gym.
-I didn't feel like going.
-I'm not "training" this week.
-I "feel" puffy.
Plenty of reasons not to go. Right?!
Well, my pity party came to a screeching halt and I made myself get out of my sweats and head to the gym whether I wanted to or not.
Cardio:
Elliptical 15 min.
Treadmill: 1 SLOOOOOOOW A@@ Mile and walked 5 min. (I felt like such a newbie. I was kind of beating myself up because I struggled through that mile. ) I got off and went to lift weights. I have been neglecting them just because running has been my priority. Not anymore. My plan is to start "training" again running on Monday and doing full body lifting with heavy weights 3 days a week.
Weights:
Squats 2x20 Barbell 5kg each side
Incline chest press 2x20 12lbs DBs
Deadlift/row combo 2x20 Barbell 5kg each side
Bicep curls 2x12 12lbs DBs
Stationary lunges 2x20/side Barbell 5kg each side
Tricep kickbacks 2x12 12lbs DB
I felt like a slacker. I felt like I didn't/couldn't push myself. I felt lost!
On my drive to my parents's house to pick up Ava, I had a chitty chat with myself.
"Courtney! You just ran your 1st half marathon. 13.1 MILES! Do you reallize what an amazing feat that is?! Your body took a tole and is just getting back to normal. You can start Monday training for your 10k in June. Relax and ease back into working out this week.
So you gained a couple (a couple) of L.B.S's at the end of training! You will lose those in NO TIME. Focus and get back on track! You have 40 days until the BEACH! Quit beating yourself up for NO REASON! You are so blessed and your family is so proud of you! "
Yes ma'am!!!!
Have you ever experienced the "postrace blues?"
Do you have chats with yourself?
Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment