Monday, January 25, 2010

Thoughts and prayers!

Hey ladies!  Well, it looks like the start of a new week.  YUCK! 

I have a favor to ask.  A couple that Clint and I are great friends with are 26 weeks pregnant with twin boys, Isaac and Eli.  Eli has almost since conception has been a few weeks smaller than Isaac and it has been because his poor little heart is working double time to get his nutrients and everything he needs. 

Here is an excerpt from the email they sent us:
The problem is with the placenta that is feeding him. We are little fuzzy on all the details, but basically there is some type of resistance with his placenta/umbilical cord that is causing his heart to have to work much harder than it should be. (It's equivalent to an adult having high blood pressure, basically.) This probably also has something to do with why he's so small, and has been small all along. (He's in the 4th percentile for weight.) So since his heart just has to work so hard, there's a chance it could just stop working.



Today (Tuesday) they gave me a steroid shot, and I'll go back tomorrow for another one. Then we will wait two weeks, to see if Eli has grown. He's 350 or 360 something grams right now, and he would have to be 500+ grams for the doctors to even consider taking him, and Isaac, from the womb early. The steroid shot is to help develop each of their lungs, should we be facing the decision to deliver them in two weeks. They would do this (take them early) so that Eli's heart wouldn't have to work so hard anymore. But then there are all the risks involved with delivering 26 1/2 week old babies. They did tell us, too, that there's a chance that he won't even be alive when we go back for another ultrasound in two weeks.

Tomorrow, is the day they go back to the doctor to see if they will be taking the boys, if they have made it this far, or many other options.  They are very nervous and anxious about it as any parents will be.

What I am asking is if you could pray or think good thoughts or whatever it is you do when someone you know is going through a hard time, for B and C(the parents) and Isaac and Eli.

I know they will appreciate any good vibes you could shoot! 

Thanks ladies!  Have a great rest of the Monday.

6 comments:

  1. what a scary situation! i'll be praying for your friends and their babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh that is so scary! So sad. I will definitely say a prayer for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how scary. Definitely keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. praying for your friends. They might be interested in reading a blog I read often.
    They will need to go back about 1 year or so. They too struggled with being pregnant with twins and even though I don't think it's the same problem...I think it helps to know others have been through what you are facing and she has a lot of "twin" moms who follow
    her blog. Thinking and praying for them.

    http://estherslittlewonders.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, what a tough decision to make. I can't even imagine. My thought are with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking about B & C... sending best wishes their way. Be sure to update us!!

    ReplyDelete