Thursday, January 7, 2010

11 weeks and doc appt

Hidey ho girlies!  I hope y'all have had a great week so far.  Tomorrow is Friday!!!  If you read my last post you know it has been a crazy couple of days. We have had 6 big fans and 5 dehumidifers going the past two days constantly and it is so loud you can barely hear the phone ring or THINK!  They are coming to get the drying equipment tomorrow so that is a blessing for my ears.

We went to our second OB/gyn appt today and met our actual doctor for the first time!  We loved her.  She actually delivered our RE's last child.  You can't go wrong with that then.  She has a lot of experience and is very personable.  Se got the doplar out for us to hear the heartbeat.  She put it on my belly and not 10 seconds later we heard the beating heart of our baby F.  I started to giggle because it is an amazing sound and a reassuring feeling.  My giggle messed up the sound a second and the doctor laughed at me.  I couldn't help it.  She said, I found it really quick and its a good strong beat!  YAY!  We did a pap-smear.  It was Clint's first time to witness that!  Walking out he said "what a great day for a pap."  SO goofy. 

Dr. told me to schedule for 4 weeks and asked if we wanted to do the genetic testing.  She layed out all of the scenarios and left the decision up to us.  We asked the chances of them being accurate and why people get them.  We came to the decision (I don't want to sway anyone's decision on this.  It is definately a personal and couple choice!)  that we ARE NOT going to get the testing.  We don't want to find out there is a genetic disorder with our baby and be worried, anxious, and stressed about the outcome when we have no way to change it.  We want to enjoy this pregnancy each and every day and IF God has us have a baby that has harder tasks in life, it won't change the love and care we would give to that child.  We will cross that ROAD if/when we get there.

So without further adoo.  Week 11 update!

How far along: According the doctor, I am in between 11 and 12.  I guess we will find out for sure next appt.



How big is baby? Baby F is the size of a LIME this week . 1.6 inches, .25 oz



Symptoms: I have been feeling better actually.  No yacks and only nausea when its about time to eat.  SORE TATAS FOR SURE!!!  They have gotten bigger which is amazing going from a SIZE NIPPLE to an actual size makes me feel all womanly.


Total weight gain: I was scared about this one but I have gained a total of 5 pounds.  Doc is completely ok with this!  Whew Relief!



Maternity clothes: No actual maternity clothes but I wear my belly band like a CHAMP!



Stretch marks: No, but I have been lotioning like a fiend.  I know they say that it is genetic and you get stretch marks for lots of reasons, but I AM NOT TAKING ANY CHANCES!!



Sleep: Still a mix of sleepless and sleeping hard!


Best moment last week:



Movement: Not to that stage yet!



Food cravings: I have had spaghetti and garlic bread 3 nights in a row!  I can't help it.  I am digging the Jimmy Dean D'lights sandwiches!!  It's like McDonalds without the real fattening aspects. I just started eating oatmeal again and I eat that about twice daily.  Crazy things your body wants!



Belly Button in or out: Still in!


What I miss: Nothing!!!


What I am looking forward to: NO MORE BLOAT!!!(same as last week) and 2nd trimester. 


Milestones: Almost to 2nd trimester!

How is daddy? He is so helpful and supportive!  Loving the bod!  I don't quite understand, but I'm not complaining if you know what I mean (wink wink!)

8 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Congrats! I'm glad you like your OB....so important that you like the person who will be caring for you and your baby the next 7 months or so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me SMILE! Yay OB! Yay 11 weeks! (I hope you don't think less of me but I love the carbs and all that stuff as a non-preggo lady..without lotso' cheese it's not so bad for ya!) Loves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for a good appt! I'm glad you're not feeling terrible.

    I lol'ed at size nipple. Ha ha I feel you there, I have never been amply blessed in that department so I love my new boobs too! I have told them they are staying this way!

    I ate spaghetti like a fiend too but now am sick of it. :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad to hear things went well at your appointment and your LO has a strong heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay on 11 weeks! Congrats. I'm so glad you like your ob and feel like you're in good hands. And very happy to hear baby F is strong and healthy in there! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, awesome, awesome. Love your updates, especially since I know I'm about to get to the same stuff in a week :)

    Yay for feeling better and you're almost to 12 weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! I totally agree w/ not doing the genetic testing. I myself wouldn't do it because it wouldn't change ANYTHING and why worry? It's a personal choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by =) Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete