Hey you hot ladies! I hope your week has been full of good things. Even though, we are out of the miscarriage woods (well, being only 1%), I still get a little nervous. My mom had a miscarriage at 13 weeks and there is that little Naggy Nadine in the back of my head. I am choosing to ignore her!
We are so excited to be in the 2nd trimester. It starts a whole new process. Let me enlighten you. (It is as much as of an enlightening for me and Clint too.)
How far along: 13 weeks!!!!
How big is baby? Baby F is he size of a gas cap. About 3 inches long and 3/4 of an ounce.
What is baby doing this week? Baby F's liver will start producing insulin and his/her intestines are also moving further into the body. His/her eyelids have formed and are fused together, but arms and legs move and twitch. He/she can suck her thumb, too!! That's so amazing.
What is mama doing? According to Pregnancy weekly, "aside from your growing belly you may start noticing bumps forming on your breasts. These bumps are glands that help the breasts grow and develop during pregnancy. You may also find that your libido and energy start returning at roughly 13 weeks pregnant. Most women consider the second trimester the honeymoon phase of their pregnancy." HECK YEAH!!!!! Although we haven't had problems with that, bring on more of my libido!
Symptoms: Nausea is pretty much non existant! YES!!! My belly is starting to not just be bloat, but an actual pregnanct looking belly and not just chubby. My boobs are less sore unless Clint decides to check and pushes to hard. My cravings haven't been there either. My healthy Courtney side has come back to town and I am eating better, but when asked what I want to eat I have NO IDEA!!! Strange!
Total weight gain: My scale at home says I am up 6lbs since my 6 week visit. Still in the healthy range. I'm not complaining about the glorious mama weight I am gaining!!
Maternity clothes: My friends have given me a lot of their maternity clothes, but I haven't quite grown into them yet. Give me a few weeks! I have bought a few small/medium shirts that fit comfortably that I can wear for a while.
Stretch marks: I'll retire this question until I actually get some. Oh jeez I hope I don't ever have to put this question back on here!
Sleep: Some good hard sleeps and some not so great.
Best moment last week: Trying on maternity pants. Even though they were too big, just that I was able to be able to be in the club!
Movement: No but I am counting down the days until it could happen!
Food cravings: Like I said above, not much. Salads could possibly be up there right now. Oh and oatmeal! How could I forget thee.
Belly Button in or out: Still in!
What I miss: I am loving it all, except today when I saw people at the gym working hard and sweating and thought I am getting after it when I am able to. I miss pushing myself working out! I will be able to around August or September. Until then, I am enjoying building Baby F.
What I am looking forward to: Our next appt. February 4th!
Milestones: We made it to 2nd tri!!!
How is daddy? He is nesting I think. We are redoing our living room floor and he has been at it hardcore the last two days. As soon as he finishes that we will tackle the kitchen and repaint it. That was my nesting idea!
Have a great Friday ladies!!!

Congrats Courtney! I love these updates!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the 2nd trimester! Glad the nausea is gone.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! =)
ReplyDeleteYou sound awesome, Mama-C! :)
ReplyDeleteI love that you two are nesting away!!
YAY I'm so glad you're doing well and enjoying the 2nd tri. SO SO SO EXCITING. All my nausea and weirdo body stuff is going away too, I think the 2nd tri is going to rock!
ReplyDeleteAnd yay for a pregnant looking tummy :) Go baby bump!