Friday, January 29, 2010

14 weeks update!

Hey lovies!!!  Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for Isaac and Eli.  Please continue to think about them and C and B because the worries are quite over yet.  But on to Baby F and Mama F updates!

How far along?14 wonderful weeks


How big is baby?  Crown to rump length is 3.2 to 4.5 inches long and he/she weighs approximately 1 ounce now.  Baby F is about the size of a Lemon.



What is baby doing this week? Baby F is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, and (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over the body for warmth. He or she is such a little wiggle worm right now.  I will be able to feel that wiggle in a few weeks.
What is mama doing? I had a stomach virus this week and didn't have my best week yet.

Symptoms: Besides the stomach virus symptoms, I am really not sure if or when I had any pregnancy symptoms. It is a mystery.


Total weight gain: The stomach virus set me back about 3lbs, but since I got my appetite back yesterday I am trying to get those back slowly but surely.


Maternity clothes: I wore my first pair of maternity jeans this past Sunday night and it was GLORIOUS.  I was so comfortable.  It was like putting on magical pants that put me into the pregnant club.
Sleep: Pretty good sleep, except for the night I was in the bathroom most of the night and the times I have woken up in my own sweat! (sorry that is gross!)


Best moment last week: Being told I was glowing (although I think that was my foundation makeup) and wearing maternity jeans!


Movement: Not yet, but he/she is just a wiggling in my tummy.


Food cravings: None this week because of my sickness.  NO APPETITE.
Belly Button in or out: Still in!


What I miss: I missed eating this week, but I will make up for it.

What I am looking forward to: Our appt Thursday!!!  I love getting to hear or see Baby F.


Milestones: We are definately in 2nd tri!!

How is daddy? Right now daddy is in bed with the stomach virus that I tried not to give him.  Otherwise this week he has been wonderful, getting me things I need and starting painting the kitchen that we are finally redecorating.

Have a great weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hoor-AY for maternity jeans!!!!! I'm so glad you're feeling better. Eat up bestie, you gotta turn that lemon into a grapefruit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you were sick this week. Eat up chickie!! And yay for maternity jeans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for your little lemon! Sorry about being sick...you'll have to really pig out this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete