Sunday, August 22, 2010

How you doing??

Time to talk about me.  I think it is easier to list things.
1. I gained 34lbs and am down 21. 
2. Breastfeeding is going great.  Call me Elsie the cow.  I definately am able to produce enough to feed Ava and pump to save for Clint to help with feedings once we give her a bottle.  I have even had the fortunate benefit of leaking.  Yes, my boobs leak, especially when too full or if Ava is close to me and crying. Lansinoh nipple butter is my best friend.  It works for me.
3. My boobs are AMAZING.  If only I could keep these forever.  Although I am not, I feel like J-WOWW from Jersey Shores.  (I think her fake boobs are crazy ridiculous and mesmerizing.) 
Clint is a boob man.  Well, when we got together, being a size nipple, he had to swap for the boo-tay.  Since Ava, he has definately been wow-ed by the boobs and reverted back to boob-man.
4.  I am not down to pre-pregnancy weight yet (119) and at 2.5 weeks postpartum I know that I won't be, but I am very content and extrememly comfortable with this new body. ( It also helps when your husband is your biggest fan!)  I know that once I am cleared by the doc that I will start exercising(I am excited to be able to just move) , but I know in the back of my mind that I can't go crazy exercise lady and still be able to keep my milk production up.  I will lose it slowly and get there sometime. 
5.  Postpartum bleeding is still happening.  Some days heavier than usual.  Still rocking a maxi.  Just a super and not the Ginormous one from the hospital.
6.  I am a thong wearer and have been for years, but having to wear the maxi-smaxi I had to go buy new butt covering panties.  I had no idea what kind I would like or what size.  After trial and error, I have found some I can live with for the time being.
7.  I am in a semi awkward position with my clothes.  When we got pregnant, I didn't want to buy clothes and I was given all of my maternity clothes from friends.  Now, the maternities are too big and my pre-preg clothes are still snug.  I am trying to hold out buying clothes hoping that my fall clothes from last year will fit when the weather starts to change.

That is all I can think of right now.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate!!  I am an open book!

4 comments:

  1. I gained 34 lbs too and still have 10 more to lose. I seem to be stuck in a rut here. Good news: the bleeding will stop. And maybe start back up. But eventually stop I promise :). Unlike you, I want my boobs to shrink back ASAP because I feel like I won't be able to run with them; the few times I tried it wasn't very comfortable and I don't think it will be until I stop nursing. All for the baby! haha.

    When are you going back to work? Or are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah,i can so relate!!!
    i dont know how much i gained (25-30lbs is my guess-i turned around backwards on the scale every dr visit and just told the nurse to let me know if i was gaining too fast,too slow or just right-and "just right"meant on my way to only a 25lb weight gain) dont know how much ive lost yet,but i know my post baby belly is going down. still light bleeding but not bad-i had to switch to full bottom panties too-it sucks!i still dont fit in most my "normal" clothes either,so currently i am living in workout wear,aside from 1 pair of jeans that fit me,and a few cute tops....
    im waiting for my boobs to shrink some-since i have implants..I was a AA before,then went to a B implant...now im a full C-ikes!hubs isnt complining though,lol!)i can still nurse,but wow,if baby doesnt nurse every 2-3hrs,i get full and leak and just uncomfortable! thank goodness for pumps!! :)

    anyways, glad to hear all is going well so far,just a few more weeks until you get clearance for workouts and cardio and such-the post baby weight will just melt off and you will bounce back to your pre baby body in no time!!!! AND your fall wardrobe will fit perfect!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elsie the cow!! HEHE!! I am so glad breastfeeding is working for you and that you are producing enough to feed your baby girl and express in the future. I read about that nipple cream and it's on my list of things to get, it does sound like a life safer. When will you start introducing the bottle? I am asking as that's what we plan on doing too so that D can help.

    I am with you on the thongs.. man do I miss them!! Since week 26 I had to switch to "normal" pants and man do I miss my thongs!! I see I will have to wait a while longer after birth to go back wearing them!:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to hear that you are doing well, Mama!!! It really sounds like everything is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete