Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Birth-weekend

Yesterday was my


 

BIRTHDAY!!

I thoroughly enjoyed my birth-weekend.

Friday night sushi was GREAT!! 
Saturday, we went to the gym, came home and cleaned house and played with Ava, and then Clint and I went out to dinner at Fleming's.  It is an upscale steakhouse and wine bar.  This is what we got to eat.
Baguette with sun-dried tomato butter and feta butter.
Appetizer: Lump Crab Louis Wraps
My entree: Salmon Nicoise Salad-salmon, salad, green beans, potato wedges, bread with an olive tapenade, fancy deviled eggs(didn't like these)
Clint's entree: filet mignon and Chipotle mac and cheese( we are going to recreate this at home.)
Passed on dessert, but they sent us home with 4 truffles for my birthday.

After dinner, we went to Borders bookstore to let our food digest before we went to Maggie Moo's ice cream.  I got a kid cup of Better Batter Cake Carninval(cake batter ice cream, with twix, cookie dough and fudge mixed in.) Clint made his own creation of cappucino and mint ice cream with reeses cups mixed in! 
PERFECT DATE NIGHT/BIRTHDAY DINNER!!

Sunday, we went to church and then to my parent's house for lunch and extended family birthday gathering.
We had tacos (they were ok) and what I was really looking forward to....BANANA PUDDING! 
So good.  I can't even describe.  If I was stranded on an island with Clint and Ava, I would want 3 things.....banana pudding, chips/salsa, and peanut butter.  I had 2 out of 3 on Sunday and it was glorious.  I did splurge on my birth-weekend in the food department for sure!  Let's put it this way, I brought home a big bowl of pudding and ate it for a snack and supper as well as 3/4, yes 3/4's of a bag of tortilla chips and salsa and avocado dip!!  You  know what? I do not regret it! 

Yesterday, was my actual birthday, but it was a normal Monday.  Work and Clint's basketball game.  No workout, but I immediately got back to "my healthy way of eating."  I am an advocate of splurging every now and again, but wasting NO TIME getting back to healthy eating.  It is the only way to not get on a downward spiral of weight gain!

Today, I will feel a little post birthday blues though. 
Does anyone feel like that? I get that way after Christmas too.  Its all of the anticipation and then "what now?" feeling.  Although, I will feel blue, I realize that I am beyond blessed and loved!  I got more "Happy Birthday's" than I can count, I got more presents than I need or deserve and the love is just so overwhelming!

Was this birthday a success? 
YOU BETCHA!!!

Working out tonight, so I will post about my workout tomorrow. 
Are you working out today??

1 comment:

  1. happy birthday :D glad you enjoyed your birth weekend :D

    ReplyDelete