Thursday, July 21, 2011

Speed raiser!

Hey there!
According to the calendar it is Thursday.  These days I never seem to know what day it is.  Work was busy yesterday, which I really do like!  I was able to get in a quick weights sesh in between patients.

2x10 combos using 2-15lbDBs
Squats into Shoulder press
Plie squats into upright rows
Stationary lunges with hammer curls
20 pushups.  

Did the usual after work, pick up Ava, pick up Clint, go straight to the gym.  We did take a small detour to TJ Maxx to get some new ear buds so I could listen to my Pandora on my cellular device.  At the gym, Clint said he would only be about 30 min.  Okie doke, I can do 4 miles in 35. That will push me.  I increased the speed the entire 4 miles until I finished up at 9mph!  That is super fast for this 5'2 sister!  I finished the 4 miles in 34:51! Oh yea.  Take that 35 minutes!

OHHHH, I forgot to tell you.  My boss is going to pay for me to get my yoga instructor certification!  At first I was a wee bit questionable about it, BUT the longer I thought, prayed, and considered it, WHY NOT?!  It is something new, it will be challenging, another certication, PLUS it takes care of my Personal Trainer CEUs.  I say WINNING all around! What do y'all think??

The past 2 Thursdays my boss has been ok with  me coming in at 8am so I could run in the mornings.  I drop Ava off at my parent's house and run their hilly road.  Why run in the morning?  
1. It is my FAVORITE time to run.  When the day is waking up and everything is calm and peaceful.
2. Before it gets too hot.  It was already 80 degrees at 6am!
3. Babysitter and I don't have to drive anywhere.
4. Place to shower after my extremely sweaty run!
I did 5 miles in 43:10!  WHO AM I???  haha who cares, right?!  I'll take the speedy improvements. 
All that is left is my 50 pushups for the day.
What is your workout going to be today?

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment