Happy Friday!
It has been one of those weeks where I haven't been sure what day it was!
So, the name of this post is "Decision". Here goes the reason with a little backtrackin'.
When Ava was born, I decided I would try to breastfeed and stick it out. Even when I wanted to quit, even when my nipples felt like they would fall off, even when my boobs got hard as rocks. I WOULD stick it out! I did! Has it been easy? Yes and no. Is it a COMPLETE sacrifice? YES!, BUT it is totally and completely worth it and I wouldn't trade it for the world!
I went in to breastfeeding wanting to try at least a year, but I wasn't sure that my body or Ava would be up for this, so I took it one day at a time.
Ava will be a year old on the 31st! Yes, a year! It has FLOWN by! I felt like I was pregnant for 26 months, but this year of Ava's life has gone by in a blink!
My body has done wonderfully well with breastfeeding. It has been the BEST experience for me. I love the intimacy that comes with being able to feed my child! I love the responsibility that comes with being able to feed my child. Our bodies are amazing things and can do amazing things.
It has been the BEST thing I could/can do for Ava and her health and development. She has had one cold the entire year of her life! I wholeheartedly chalk it up to breastmilk and the amazing qualities it has.
I am a COMPLETE advocate of breastfeeding. Having said that, I KNOW that it is not for everyone. Each mama has the right to that decision and I totally respect that!
My big decision is to keep breastfeeding after her birthday! Yeppers, I am going to keep at it. Ava still gets solid natural foods. The only thing processed she gets are CHEERIOS and the OCCASIONAL lick of ice cream. This has what has worked best for us, but especially Ava.
I am definitley stopping breastfeeding no longer that her being 18 months old or when she embarrasses me in public asking for boobage! Which ever comes first!!!
Thoughts? Do you think it is weird to go that long? Would you if you could?
No comments:
Post a Comment